Dead Space 2 is coming to PC

Who cares? The first one was overhyped by a lot of people. It was OK at best. Same goes with everyone hyping bioshock. Another OK at best game that everyone touts as a 10/10 game.

Bioshock was alright but did not live up to my expectations. That could partly be my fault, and partly not. It was a good game but not the amazing game I expected.

Dead Space on the other hand is an extremely solid survival horror and is very reminiscent of the Silent Hill/Resident Evil of the old. It's not this military grade run and gun bs that was RE5. It's survival horror. The over the should cam is necessary.

Yeah, and having 1 actual weapon and a bunch of tools/makeshift weapons was a good feature.

one more thing YES THIS IS SO AWESOME FOR PC! Any developer that decides there should be a PC version helps us, and if this game doesn't have bad DRM it should be bought by all.

Who cares? The first one was overhyped by a lot of people. It was OK at best. Same goes with everyone hyping bioshock. Another OK at best game that everyone touts as a 10/10 game.

Hey lookie here folks...its an opinion. Great things about opinions is that everyone can have one. The original Dead Space gave me a ton of cool scary moments and I enjoyed the gameplay and the mechanics. Looking forward to part deuce.

Will there be multiplayer? Something like Killing Floor will have me sold, otherwise, meh.

I'm all for anything being remotely like System Shock 2 but I hope they fix the awful controls, camera and FOV this time around. Getting through the first one was such a chore between those issues.

Cool. But to me it seems that they were planning this from the beginning and all this "comming to the pc" marketing hype is playing into their hands.

This is outstanding news! I loved the first game - its one of my alltime favorites. The ambience and atmosphere was great. The gameplay took some getting used to but I did and while I wouldve preferred a straight up first person or even third person camera angel, it wasnt a deal breaker for me.

For some reason I loved the whole plasma cutter as a weapon idea. I wouldve thought I would have gotten bored with the same weapon but it was so much damn fun cutting off arms and legs that its the only one I ever use.

So here's me not being able to freaking wait for this to come out. May be the first game I pay full price for instead of waiting 9 months for it to hit the $29.99 bin.

I can't wait for DS2. The first game was the most atmospheric, immersive and intense game I've ever played through(an honor previously awarded to Condemned). The Ishimura never offered reprieve, as I always felt like a Necromorph would appear, whether I was upgrading at the bench or the ship had declared the immediate area to be clear of biological hazards.
Although I have loved every entry in the main Resident Evil series, the RE6 team has their work cut out for them to develop a world as sinister and involving as Dead Space. A game along the lines of REbirth would be a great starting point.

Looking forward to it, mostly; I enjoyed the first game quite a bit. However, it concerns me some that the game's producer felt the original game was "too scary", and that they're apparently going the action route.

Looking forward to it, mostly; I enjoyed the first game quite a bit. However, it concerns me some that the game's producer felt the original game was "too scary", and that they're apparently going the action route.

That's an old article. I found a more recent interview from GameTrailers. I can't remember what the dev says exactly, but he said something along the lines of "We're not going the action route."

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/first-details-dead-space-2/100163

Very good news. I thought the original was fantastic game. Hopefully this time the controls will be slightly more customisable.

First one was great. Nothing a little tweaking here and there couldn't fix. :)

Very good news!

First one was great. Nothing a little tweaking here and there couldn't fix. :)

Very good news!

Indeed, everything could be fixed after hunting around the EA forums for a fix. GlovePie turned out to be a godsend as was the fix in NCP for broken vsync. The community really helped but sadly there was no post game support or patches from EA.

:meh:

First one sucked.

Congrats, most pointless post of the year.

Last edited:
I bought the first one for PC and could not play it because I'm a lefty and the NUMPAD could not be re-bound. It was never patched to allow rebinding to my knowledge and none of the third-party utilities I tried worked for anything other then movement keys.

I cannot say I'm too excited about another direct port that leaves PC gamers feeling almost entirely unsupported. If the reviews show differently then perhaps, but I'm not holding my breath.

Huzzah!

1st one was great. The shoulder camera and the "no pause" interface worked really well. I really enjoyed the 1st and I am looking forward to the 2nd.

OOBE, yes they are. A couple simple tweaks fixes it completely and I had the accuracy of any FPS. It was awesome.

Mind sharing these said tweaks? I know of the vsync one but don't want to shift through pages and pages trying to find more tweaks to only get people bitching about the original controls. Have the game sitting on my desk and might fire it up soon.

great, the first one was soooo awesome, don't really care what kind of DRM. will be buying this on release day.

I bought the first one for PC and could not play it because I'm a lefty and the NUMPAD could not be re-bound. It was never patched to allow rebinding to my knowledge and none of the third-party utilities I tried worked for anything other then movement keys.

I cannot say I'm too excited about another direct port that leaves PC gamers feeling almost entirely unsupported. If the reviews show differently then perhaps, but I'm not holding my breath.

seriously,im a leftie, and this never came up, because it was obvious the game should be played with a xbox 360 pad.

There are definitely things they could tweak (as always in any game), but I really enjoyed the first game. Glad to hear they decided to bring the sequel to PC afterall.

Back