dead sound card?

fightingfi

2[H]4U
This morning my

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card stopped working NO sound at all, rebooted and still NO sound. Checked device manager NO conflicts i havent changed anything or done anything different at all. The light on the side of is still lit up and glows the white color as is it does. Uninstalled it for now and using onboard which sounds aweful ( realtek) Never had an issues before any ideas or help plz.​

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 20h2 version.

Did the preferred audio output device get changed somehow? Also, please no with the entire post being in bold font :)!

Try a different PCI slot, any will do, from 16x to 4x, if windows doesn't recognize then it's likely dead.

will do and try what you said , also what driver version of realtek should i be using it seems the newest one i found on there website is from 2017? any good pci-e sound cards worth buying cheap nowadays?

try uninstalling the drivers and software first with the card removed then try the different PCI slot

will do and try what you said , also what driver version of realtek should i be using it seems the newest one i found on there website is from 2017? any good pci-e sound cards worth buying cheap nowadays?
I picked up a Sound Blaster ZxR with the slave card and cable for $30 a few days ago... But that is a very rare thing for somebody to sell it that cheap.

The X-Fi cards are generally pretty cheap.

ya i seem to have bad luck with creative cards i thought about now over the yrs they die on me for unknown reasons..........

I second the suggestion to get an external unit. They tend to have excellent audio quality and less interference than internal cards, make good headphone amps, and you usually get a nice spinny volume knob :)

Check out the Schiit Hel (pricey) or the Soundblasterx G6 (cheaper). Both are excellent external amps for headphones.

Back