[Dead]SeaSonic Focus: 850w Platinum - $159.99 / Gold for $139.99

PSU's are so much more expensive. :(
Welp, my seasonic from 2012 was a 750w unit and it ran me $160. I've been out of the loop from 2012-.2019. All I know is that 1Q 2020 onward, blew chunks to source 2 non-shit PSU's for builds. Either supply was non-existent or the prices were so heavily marked up. I ended up with a refurb Corsair unit for my build and a Phanteks for a friend. The Phantek unit was DOA and I had to convince Phanteks to RMA my unit instead of just "returning it to the vendor for my money back." My logic was that I can't reliably source a PSU, so waiting 3 weeks on an RMA was better than playing the "camp out newegg/amazon/BB" online stores.

Welp, my seasonic from 2012 was a 750w unit and it ran me $160.
Yeah... I don't really feel like PSUs are that much more expensive than they were 3-5 years ago. People posting about unusually good prices they got is not the mean, which is what's happening.

PCpartpicker and camelcamelcamel price trackers corroborate as much

Last edited:
Seasonic is teh KING of PSU's
They have certainly made some garbage power supplies in the past. The previous focus power supplies had all kinds of issues and were not the least bit suitable for running high-end video cards even if you bought an 850 watt one.

If you guys never had to use a PSU warranty and want to test your luck... I use these for my mining rigs and they are just quality for the price minus warranty of course.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seasonic-X...725246?hash=item23dbfe347e:g:J5EAAOSwCDtfypBw

Review: https://www.kitguru.net/components/power-supplies/zardon/seasonic-x-series-850w-power-supply-review/

I still have 3 of the X series PSU's in systems. 650, 750, and an 850. All have been absolutely rock solid! At $100 shipped it's a great deal.

Might just bite on this to have a spare. :p

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back