Dead Rising 4

I really liked 3. If they want me to buy this game they better reconsider this windows 10 store only bullshit. I'm not playing along.
While I would love to play the first game again on PC, I agree that it will be no sale if it is a Windows Store exclusive. I tolerated GFWL, but I am not going to become another data point for Microsoft this time around.

I absolutely adore dead rising 3 though I got it on Xbox one. Really excited for a new one.

I love this series. I enjoyed Dead Rising 3 so much that I beat it on the Xbox One and then purchased the game again on PC once I sold my Xbox One. I would love to play Dead Rising 4 on PC!

Dead Rising 4 officially unveiled, coming to Windows 10 PC...the worst kept secret of E3 2016, Dead Rising 4, has been given a proper announcement trailer at Microsoft’s E3 event...

Dead Rising 4 is a timed exclusive to Xbox - Dead Rising 4 for Xbox One News

In case you didn't catch it on the front page, it looks like it's Windows 10 Store exclusive for 90 days (XB1 for 1 year), I could probably wait 90 days for it to show up on Steam. I almost don't mind buying stuff on the Windows Store, but there is so little information there and last time Quantum Break updated I had to manually force it and even if it did it automatically I would have never known because it has no means of telling you that software updated or what changes were implemented, it's just a "dumb" store front.

Anyone pick this up? I haven't played any of the series this came out yesterday.

While I enjoyed the first Dead Rising, I don't think this iteration is worth the $59.99.

Also, since it's a Windows Store game, I'm under the impression I will need Windows 10 to run it.

seinfeld_no_thanks1.gif

The only Zombie game I care about is Left for Dead 2
everything else just pales in comparison too slow, too realistic, or too much parkour.

While I enjoyed the first Dead Rising, I don't think this iteration is worth the $59.99.

Also, since it's a Windows Store game, I'm under the impression I will need Windows 10 to run it.

And when MS abandons the windows store like they did GFWL, you'll lose access to the game.

Personally I'd wait for the Steam copy; by then it'll be discounted anyway.

Last edited:
And when MS abandons the windows store like they did GFWL, you'll lose access to the game.

Personally I'd wait for the Steam copy; by then it'll be discounted anyway.

Why exactly would MS abandon the Windows store? Saying that makes absolutely zero sense. The store isn't GFWL, it isn't just video games, and it's a lot more central to their current plans than GFWL ever was.

Why exactly would MS abandon the Windows store? Saying that makes absolutely zero sense. The store isn't GFWL, it isn't just video games, and it's a lot more central to their current plans than GFWL ever was.
Don't you worry, we're talking about Microsoft here, they will somehow manage to build another platform for distributing software that will be mostly incompatible with Windows Store; you will have to go through some unorthodox method to associate your old Windows Store account with the new platform and none of your previous purchase history will transfer over.

Those of us that have experienced GFWL will never forget, fortunately I purchased no more than 3 games through GFWL so I'm not too salty. I'm pretty sure that at some point my GFWL account became dysfunctional because I needed to re-setup my Microsoft account or something which I had to figure out through Google searches. Microsoft's other software can be just as troublesome, they have different versions of Communicator/Lync/Skype and OneDrive and if you're not using the correct version, your account refuses to login and you receive no particular message as to why you can't login; you Google search and find that one version of the software conflicts with another version of Office; they have too many cooks in the kitchen... I need to stop there or I'm going to have to grab another drink to calm down.

I'll buy it this spring when it's available on Steam, if it's not available on Steam, then I'll probably just forget about it.

Reactions: DPI
like this
This is good news!*

* assuming the game supports more than 8 threads and multiple GPUs

Finally got around to starting DR4, quite cathartic mowing down thousands of zombies using cool gimmicky weapons. Its probably sacrilege to die hard followers of the series, but I am really glad they got rid of the mission timers....really put me off DR1 & 2.

Yeah this was a good looking game when it came out tons of Zombies on the screen at one time. You wish Left for Dead 3 to be something like this.

Back