Dead Rising 2 Off the Record thread

roaf85

2[H]4U
Anyone pick this up? I enjoyed Dead Rising 1 to a point where the save system pissed me off and then I got rid of it. I never played DR2. Is this version any good?

I enjoyed & finished part 1, played through about half of part 2 which wasn't a bad game, but so many better titles were coming out. I do plan on picking this one up, but God knows when I'll get to it. I like the fact that the camera is back, that really made the original more fun.

Checking out some of the sites, it seems this is getting somewhat lower scores than DR 2, which got on average 8's and 8.5's. This is in the mid 7's. I'll probably still check it out though.

Anyone pick this up? I enjoyed Dead Rising 1 to a point where the save system pissed me off and then I got rid of it. I never played DR2. Is this version any good?

My god that save system was terrible. Couldn't even get through that game. I might pick up DR 2 when it hits $5-10 range. so many better games coming out though.

For a port, I thought Capcom did a great job with the PC version of Dead Rising 2.

But OTR for $40, I only paid $20 two weeks after release for what basically is the same game last year. Think I'll hold off this time.

Whoa, the PC version is more expensive than the console variants on Amazon. DEFINITE wait.

Last edited:
I put quite a bit of time into Dead Rising and was pretty excited about Dead Rising 2 but it came out when I had too much else going on to get it. I finally broke down the other day and picked it up along with Off the Record. I'm hoping this weekend I can get in some fine Zombie Killing Time to celebrate the holiday.

As a note for the 360 owners, the 2 Arcade Games are suppose to go on sale today for 50% off.

Back