(Dead, price raised) Seagate 12tb exos enterprise hdd manufacturer recert (2yr warranty) $105 shipped

Ordered a WD Ultrastar 14TB that sells for $134.00 Ordered on Monday, Arrived in 2 days.
Packaging was stellar, probably the best packing ive seen on a hard disk I've bought online - ever.

The drive powered on with 0 hours and 1 Mechanical Start Error. Probably not a good sign so I power cycled the drive and the number did not increment. Ran some tests on the drive and all checks out ok. I need to do some more research but it sounds like this is a bum drive and I need to go for an RMA.

Thoughts?

Ordered a WD Ultrastar 14TB that sells for $134.00 Ordered on Monday, Arrived in 2 days.
Packaging was stellar, probably the best packing ive seen on a hard disk I've bought online - ever.

The drive powered on with 0 hours and 1 Mechanical Start Error. Probably not a good sign so I power cycled the drive and the number did not increment. Ran some tests on the drive and all checks out ok. I need to do some more research but it sounds like this is a bum drive and I need to go for an RMA.

Thoughts?
Was it supposed to be new or refurbed? If refurbed, this has been par for the course and that's what the warranty is for. If it is supposed to be factory new, first I would check the WD warranty checker to make sure it is covered, which it should be if it is a real genuine drive. Second, I would then return it for exchange of a new one if it was legit, or return it period if it was not covered by the WD warranty.

Back