[DEAD] Playstation 5 $499.99 available online only on 11/25 9PM EST | Xbox Series X/S at 9PM EST only on 11/25

In fairness, there's going to be a lot of people that simply aren't going to pay $1000-1200 for a PS5 on ebay, and if they can stabilize production and have regular 10,000+ unit drops, the botting will be over sooner than later (big IF obviously).
Yes but botting is mostly irrelevant to my post which is focused on PS Direct, for people that want to get a PS5 this week rather than waiting for stock to stabilize in months from now. If bots didn't exist, the demand would still be exactly the same.

Yes but the botting is mostly irrelevant to my post which is focused on PS Direct, which is focused on getting a PS5 *this week* rather than waiting for "stock to stabilize" in January or later. Even if you removed the existence of bots, the problems would be exactly the same with high demand.

I was speaking more generally as in if production is such that they are having regular large drops, botters aren't going to have buyers, and botters are going to have less buyers at $1000 than $700 for example.

Honestly, I haven't even opened mine as I'm tempted to just sell it while the price is high and wait until next year.

Reactions: DPI
like this
I was speaking more generally as in if production is such that they are having regular large drops, botters aren't going to have buyers, and botters aren't going to have less buyers at $1000 than $700 for example.

Honestly, I haven't even opened mine as I'm tempted to just sell it while the price is high and wait until next year.
Perhaps. I see it differently because my business happens to require reviewing historical price charts for various consumer electronics all day: this is Covid christmas, demand for everything - across the board - is insane. No matter how many PS5's Sony produces they'll still all be sold out everywhere. 5000+ PS5's selling per day on ebay at >$1000, and I don't see a steep drop happening before end of year - they'll settle down to $700-800+ at best.

Last edited:
new batch available via Walmart tomorrow again for both PS5 and Xbox series x/s good luck everyone

I liked Target's in-store-pickup only approach. It spread the distribution of consoles around geographically and made it harder for scalpers to hoard them. I snagged my Series X that way.

Target really has the drive-up pickup figured out for non-grocery orders. I wish Walmart would follow suit.

yea 0-4 so far. Lets see if I go 1-4 this time lol.

I know the feeling I manage to get a series S early today via Microsoft with an estimated delivery date of January LMAO, might just cancel it as I need it for a Christmas present not to mention someone spoke with a Microsoft rep on twitter and they mention none of those orders are valid as their system was not supposed to be taking any new orders.

Sony direct has their queue open right now for PS5 purchases
queue open

nevermind sold out already

Last edited:
I know the feeling I manage to get a series S early today via Microsoft with an estimated delivery date of January LMAO, might just cancel it as I need it for a Christmas present not to mention someone spoke with a Microsoft rep on twitter and they mention none of those orders are valid as their system was not supposed to be taking any new orders.
I did the same thing. I think it must be valid though because xbox series x opened again later in the day. I was not able to get one of those.

The tip I got was get the app and make sure all your info is up to date.

Was ready at noon, and had both an Xbox and PlayStation in the cart, but the site crapped out and I lost both. :(

Should have known. I had link open at 2:59 EST. At 3:00pm I saw the add to cart button. Upon clicking on the button Walmart's side choked. I hit refresh and got the out of stock notification. That was my one and will be my only time trying to get an Xbox. I will just wait until Feb of 21 to get one.

Couldn't check out. Kept giving me captcha thing. Then it asked for my password (already was logged in but whatever). Finally got to the 'pay now' screen, hit the pay button then it says it's out of stock. lol

Yeah - I think post-Xmas, things should ease up somewhat. I'm not in any hurry myself. I'll just mess around with my PC in the meantime. Bound to get lucky with the 5950x and F5 key one of these days.

Sony PS Direct has a PS5 queue going for purchases

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Alright, Walmart is doing another round of broken dreams on November 25th I'll add other sites pre-purchase deals as they become available (Best Buy, Target, Costco, etc). :bored:

Best bet to snag a PS5 is from Playstation Direct. Watch a live PS5 shopping chat (such as the NowInStock PS5 page) on the hour every hour weekdays between 9am EST and 7pm EST. Watch for 3 or 4 minutes for spam about the queue going up. If it does, open a tab to the PS Direct site as fast as you can. If you're alert and fast enough you'll hopefully get in the queue in time. If nothing pops, proceed about your business until the next hour then repeat.

Don't bother with auto refreshers and shit like that. Do it the way I described and you'll have a pretty good shot.

Best bet to snag a PS5 is from Playstation Direct. Watch a live PS5 shopping chat (such as the NowInStock PS5 page) on the hour every hour weekdays between 9am EST and 7pm EST. Watch for 3 or 4 minutes for spam about the queue going up. If it does, open a tab to the PS Direct site as fast as you can. If you're alert and fast enough you'll hopefully get in the queue in time. If nothing pops, proceed about your business until the next hour then repeat.

Don't bother with auto refreshers and shit like that. Do it the way I described and you'll have a pretty good shot.
Is this the site you are referring to? https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/sonyps5/

Not going through all that. My time is better served doing other more productive things. Will just wait until next year when all the fighting to get cards have come to a screeching halt.

Yeah that's the one. I'm sure there are other live chats related to PS5 shopping out there as well, that's just the one I happened to use.

+1 here. I used the Canadian tracker and found it easier to keep track when storefronts were going live, etc (big factor how I scored my PS5 from Best Buy was the nowinstock chat.)

Walmart's site is pure garbage! 0-5 with the PS5. Got all the way up to the pay now screen on my last attempt after countlessly refreshing due to errors and entering personal info (Already registered/Logged in) just to be hit with the out of stock.
EnNj-LaUwAArUSC?format=png&name=900x900.png

My neighbor actually had a PS5 delivered yesterday that he scored on one of the 9PM Walmart drops. I guess it can really happen. Said he kept refreshing and got it at about 9:10PM.

Too many people know about the PS5 stock leads nowadays e.g. nowinstock, wariot64, ps5 twitter, etc.

I managed to get one via amazon since I signed up for stock alerts a while back. I got the email, clicked on it 4 minutes later and placed the order in 15 seconds. I consider myself very lucky.

Hey cool, everyone has bought up all the media remotes to sell on ebay now as well. I checked a day or two ago and they were everywhere for $29.99. Seems silly to try and make $10-$15 profit on ebay on it since eBay takes 10% and you have to ship.

Hey cool, everyone has bought up all the media remotes to sell on ebay now as well. I checked a day or two ago and they were everywhere for $29.99. Seems silly to try and make $10-$15 profit on ebay on it since eBay takes 10% and you have to ship.
Nobody accused the world of being smart lol.

This is even funnier to me because my tv remote worked with my ps5 without me even having to do anything. Such a waste of money to buy that remote lol.

This is even funnier to me because my tv remote worked with my ps5 without me even having to do anything. Such a waste of money to buy that remote lol.
You have a Bluetooth TV remote? I must be really behind on TV. Still rocking 1080p Sony Bravia KDL-46Z5100.

You have a Bluetooth TV remote? I must be really behind on TV. Still rocking 1080p Sony Bravia KDL-46Z5100.

It doesn't have to be. Now days some tv remotes can take over an HDMI device. I think it has to do with HDMI. Like my Samsung Tv remote can control Amazon Fire tv and shit lol.

Back