Dead Pixel on Samsung TV - RMA?

delita

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've had my Samsung 7500 for less than a month, already noticed what looks like a "hair" stuck inbetween the screen. What's the Samsung RMA process like? I ordered the TV from Amazon, could send it back since it's been less than 30 days...I really don't want to be totally monitor-less while sending it back, waiting for a refund, and ordering another one. What's my best option? Anyone have experience with Samsung RMA? Will they send a replacement unit prior to me sending mine back? I just don't want to be without a monitor.

I'd suggest returning it to Amazon. Hassle-free experience. Don't involve Samsung if the 30 days aren't up.

Well they have service techs, they come to your house.. probably a local outfit/service center. Calling them is such a pain in the ass dude you literally have to call them every day if a part is not in stock.

such a pain for me.. took me a month before they showed up. although they did replace my panel and everythings golden now.

I would return to Amazon if you can wait..

I ended up getting Samsung to send a tech, they are just waiting on a new panel to get shipped in to them and they will come put the new panel in. I know it sounds LAZY, but I already had torn the box to shreds and packing it up and sending it back to Amazon, waiting for a refund, then purchasing a new display (only to possibly end up with another issue) was too much of a PITA for me. Even if the panel takes a bit to come in, it's still less work on my part -- the tech is just going to come replace the panel and I will be able to make sure it's perfect on the spot while he's there, seems like a better chance of a win for me.

So I had a local repair guy (Samsung partner) come and install a new screen on my TV today. It only took them 15-20 minutes and they were gone, boom, new screen, no dead pixels. Best part was I didn't have to send the set back and recalibrate the fuckers color settings, saved me a ton of time. Definitely a good experience, better than I anticipated.

Back