Dead or Alive 5 Last Round PC Release Mentioned in Official ESRB Rating

Final8ty

Gawd
A few weeks ago, we reported on a possible PC release for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round based on the appearance of a listing for the game on Play-Asia. Now, we can add more fuel to that fire, as it has been discovered that the Entertainment Software Rating Board (or ESRB) mentions a PC version in their official rating.

While Team NINJA themselves have not made any official announcement regarding a PC release, this ESRB listing gives much more credence to recent speculation.

Another interesting thing to note is that the listing does not include make reference to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, which seems to tie into the fact that these versions will basically be upgrades for Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (with digital only standalone option) instead of brand new releases like on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and possibly PC.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will launch in North America on February 17 and Europe on February 20.

Source: ESRB, thanks to shinr for the tip.
http://shoryuken.com/2014/11/25/dead-or-alive-5-last-round-pc-release-mentioned-in-esrb-rating/

If true, I hope modders can work their magic.

shiftyeyes.gif

Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja have finally confirmed that they are bringing their hard-hitting Dead or Alive franchise to the PC in the form of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round.

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round is already scheduled for a PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 release on February 17th, 2015, and the PC version (which is available for pre-order on Steam already) will launch alongside the console versions for $39.99.

Team Ninja also sent over a new trailer showing off the retail pre-order incentives as you can see below.

ReadMore
http://www.gaming-age.com/2014/12/dead-alive-5-last-round-confirmed-pc/

The guy in my likes this. The fighting game player in me hates it. DOA's mashy blitzkrieg rushes have ruined both their series and Tekken as well.
I wish DOA would just go away or at least stick to volleyball and Ninja Gaiden characters.

Is Soul Calibur the last one remaining then? Interesting how all the fighting series are coming to PC.

Sadly no chance of any Marvel vs Capcom.

Just noticed this on Steam today. I actually like the series. Sure it's a little tacky in some ways, but I've always had fun playing it. It's a little less of a competitive game like Street Fighter, and more just a pseudo-atmospheric, shut-your-brain-down fighter. ( :D whatever that means) The games cater to completely different portions of my fighting-game-liking self. I like the multiple levels, the defenestration, the stylized arts, etc. of DOA, but I like the skill-sets competition and nostalgia of SF.

I’ve always enjoyed the aesthetics of DOA. The grappling moves and counters are neat looking, the graphics have always been the best of the genre, and I think they get the details and “chrome” right.
At the same time, the gameplay has always been too spazzy and reliant on spamming speed mash sequences that have different enders. Sadly, even Tekken has started heading down that path. Most of their newer characters and movesets are utilizing the same style. There are only so many ways to make a blitzkrieg of punches with random high/low/mid mix-ups entertaining.

I know it’s never going to happen at this point, but if they slowed the rush strikes down a bit, the game would be more entertaining. More single hits and ebb/flow instead of lots of movement followed by an onslaught.

I'm really skeptical of this game. Itagaki basically was Team Ninja and since he left they haven't done anything impressive. The graphics for this game don't look any better than DOA 4 which is almost 10 years old. I can live with that, but the part that makes me skeptical is this info from the steam page.

Additional Notes: Online modes for Dead or Alive 5 Last Round will be added in a patch within 3 months of release.

It sounds like they don't know what they are doing and online play is going to be buggy as hell if it even works at all.
I'm definitely holding off on buying this until it is proven to work.

I'm really skeptical of this game. Itagaki basically was Team Ninja and since he left they haven't done anything impressive. The graphics for this game don't look any better than DOA 4 which is almost 10 years old. I can live with that, but the part that makes me skeptical is this info from the steam page.

It sounds like they don't know what they are doing and online play is going to be buggy as hell if it even works at all.
I'm definitely holding off on buying this until it is proven to work.

That would concern me too, if I didn't play all of my multiplayer locally. Definitely something to keep an eye on for online players.

That would concern me too, if I didn't play all of my multiplayer locally. Definitely something to keep an eye on for online players.

Yes, but also with that general level of incontinence shown I would assume the game has many other bugs. I wouldn't be surprised if it has frame rate and resolution caps and random incompatibilities that cause the game to crash or just not work. I'm definitely waiting for reviews.

Yes, but also with that general level of incontinence shown I would assume the game has many other bugs. I wouldn't be surprised if it has frame rate and resolution caps and random incompatibilities that cause the game to crash or just not work. I'm definitely waiting for reviews.

Well, yes. It's not like I'm going to pre-order it. However, I have wanted a DOA game for a while now, and if it works properly in all other respects, I don't personally need the online portion at all. I wouldn't buy it with frame-rate caps (less than 60fps) and game-breaking bugs. That would be stupid. Flawless other than online play, and I deem it complete for my needs.

If the game isn't finished, then delay it until it is. WTF is this shit?
What makes them think I want to give them my money for a half assed game that wont be complete till 3 months later?? This is stupid.

The PC version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round launches on Steam without key features.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-round-launches-on-steam-without-key-features

Pros:
4K support
Antialiasing support
Discount until the game is patched.

Cons:
No multiplayer for 3 months.
PC version is stuck on the PS3 engine so it doesn't get the new Soft Engine, but we get the XBOX One / PS4 shadows.
Danger Zone and Crimson stages are not included.
No Steam achievements
No support for Steam Cloud.
No keyboard control customization support

No buy for me personally. Unless someone mods in nudity so I can stream that to my buddies and have a good laugh.

Just when my opinion of Dead or Alive couldn't get any lower. They took a bad game and released it unfinished...awesome.
As much as I enjoy Ninja Gaiden, I'm convinced Team Ninja can't do anything else right. For that matter, they haven't done much right since the first Ninja Gaiden game.

Agreed not really worth buying in the state it's in. In 3 months it'll probably be on sale for 50% off most likely so I might as well wait and save the money also. Honestly I have a hard time believing Team Ninja right now, it sounds like Team Ninja wants people to buy it for an infusion of money to fund the multiplayer part of the game, and if people don't buy it now what's going to happen? Are they going to say "sorry no MP for you" or "deliver a horrible laggy unplayable on anything but a local lan patch they hired an intern to make" and call it final.

Picked it up, because online MP doesn't interest me in the slightest, and I haven't played a DoA game since 3 on the original XBox. It's exactly what I'd expect from a DoA game, and filled the gap nicely. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's no competition for Street Fighter games, or SNK fighters, or the like, but it does offer a different style of play to them, and does it beautifully. There's a comparison video that someone did between all the different versions, and a few particle effects aside, it's nearly indistinguishable from the current gen console versions. (just very subtle ones) I haven't hit any bugs yet really, it absolutely flies on my machine. There's really not anything wrong with it, and since it came out at just over half the price of most current generation games, it was worth the price. If you're not buying it for online multiplayer, then I'd recommend grabbing it if you want a DoA game on the PC. There's really nothing wrong with it.

If you're craving online play, and aren't into DoA in the first place, then definitely pass it up or wait for a sale. I think if you're even looking at the game, you know what it's all about, and this version won't really let you down.

I think the recommended specs were overblown (one of the main things people were up in arms about), I'm running it at 4k maxed on a single TitanX, and it literally doesn't even rev up the card (and I run very aggressive fan profiles), I imagine it probably runs very decently on lower-end hardware.

Fighting games usually don't need a ton of horsepower. You can max out SFxTekken at 4K with hardware from several years ago. This one might be a little more intensive (maybe), but not by much.

I'm on a 970 here with everything cranked up nicely (only at 1080 though) and it's perfect. Never drops below sync.

Yea I agree, they generally don't.

Most of my issues stem from TN charging over 100$ for DLC costumes, and no online play at release. I don't really care about achievements and all the other junk people are complaining about on the steam reviews. Has anyone EVER used a keyboard to play a fighting game? Who cares about key-rebinding?

Most of my issues stem from TN charging over 100$ for DLC costumes, and no online play at release. I don't really care about achievements and all the other junk people are complaining about on the steam reviews. Has anyone EVER used a keyboard to play a fighting game? Who cares about key-rebinding?

Exactly! I don't care about the online play either of course, but $100 for DLC for a fighting game?!?! :confused: I'm even someone that will buy aesthetic DLC on occasion, but not bundled into $50 chunks. That's ridiculous.

On the other hand, I think this game's got all I'm going to need from it already. I only play fighting games casually most of the time, or in mini pseudo-competitive matches with friends.

There was a guy who brought a keyboard to EVO a couple years ago...but I agree. There are probably only a few hundred keyboard-centric fighting game players in the world :p
Personally, I just don't like the DoA series. There are just too many speedy rush-down strings with different enders and I've never been a fan of counter attack systems. Even if this was a flawless port I'd probably still hate it.
Sadly, Harada has slowly made Tekken more and more like DoA over the years, though.

Except, no soft engine boob physics, is it even really a game without that?

:D It still has boob "physics" just like any other DoA game had. Just not the new ones. However, in the comparison videos I saw, it really didn't make a huge difference. Maybe in some situations it does. I like boobies, but it's not the primary reason I got the game. Never hurts though. I also have ultra-high end boob physics at home anyway. My wife has the Ultra-Soft-Engine 4.7b TM. :p

If you have a Arcade Cabinet or Arcade pedastel ( like I do ) your joysticks and buttons are emulating the keyboard keys. Remapping is essential! !!

If you have a Arcade Cabinet or Arcade pedastel ( like I do ) your joysticks and buttons are emulating the keyboard keys. Remapping is essential! !!

Actually, the way I build them, is take game-pads apart, then wire the HAPP arcade controls/buttons to the pad PCB. That way you have XInput and DInput support, the controls map to anything that works with a game-pad, etc. etc. No need to do any weird key-mapping.

Back