Dead? Not Dead? Zombie? YOU DECIDE!! (GTX 780)

I have an EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX and it kinda doesn't work but also does. On one hand, the card displays nothing until it gets into windows, and then the Monitor turns on. Still doesn't display anything, but the monitor turns on and stays on.
On the other hand, I can still use nvflash, things like HWINFO still recognize the card, and GeForce Experience tells me what card I have. If anyone could provide me with the stock bios of the card that would be great too. Also don't tell me to bake it, I can't. (No access to an oven)

You mean you do not have any access to a normal kitchen oven ?
Back on topic, I suppose you tried all the outputs on the card ? Did you check what is the primary Output in BIOS ? (PCIE or onboard)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Would a heat gun really do the trick? I'd prefer the idea of an oven ( better heat distribution), but I lost the one chance I had to bring a card back using one, and I do have a heat gun.

Also OP, I think this is your cards bios. But, check the overall list to be sure I picked the right one.
Thanks. Also if needed I could record a video of the Boot process

Yes, I've successfully used heatguns to re-flow solder on electronics. It was a laptop motherboard. I'd recommend that you use a laser thermometer to watch the temps and construct a heat-shield of sorts to prevent the surrounding areas from becoming as hot, but since it works in an oven, you shouldn't need a heat shield.

I'm more curious as to why you don't have access to an oven. I can't think of a single apartment or house that doesn't have one. Are you in a dorm room?

take it over to a friend's house and use his oven.

Thanks. Also if needed I could record a video of the Boot process

If you happen to know the part # (ex. 03G-P4-2781-KR) it should be pretty straight forward. Also, I had no idea EVGA had this many 780s....
Yes, I've successfully used heatguns to re-flow solder on electronics. It was a laptop motherboard. I'd recommend that you use a laser thermometer to watch the temps and construct a heat-shield of sorts to prevent the surrounding areas from becoming as hot, but since it works in an oven, you shouldn't need a heat shield.

I'm more curious as to why you don't have access to an oven. I can't think of a single apartment or house that doesn't have one. Are you in a dorm room?

take it over to a friend's house and use his oven.
My issues is when I tell them I'd like to "bake my video card" they give me that look. The look of "the fuck you are in my oven". I had a chance to use one that was being thrown out, but I lagged on that opportunity. Thanks for the info though, as I can make some kind of shielding and do it with a heat-gun / laser thermometer.

I would try to show a youtube video to the person giving you the look :) Sometimes showing to unfamiliar people the process you're going to attempt will reduce their fear...
I guess they told you, you would make the oven explode lol ?

In any way, take the time to educate the oven loaning person since that will be way easier than heat gun and more secure.

Maybe a fellow [H] near you could do it for it... might be worth it, where you from ?

Now before I get out of everyone's hair, this may sound stupid to many of you, but would anyone like to remote desktop my computer just to see how megaffucked my card is?

Attachments

• 9080041_xxlg_0.jpg
    9080041_xxlg_0.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 32
Now before I get out of everyone's hair, this may sound stupid to many of you, but would anyone like to remote desktop my computer just to see how megaffucked my card is?

What good could that do ?
Forgot to ask, did you format to a clean OS ? (if already answered blame the whisky :) )

Back