[DEAD] Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 $18.39, NF-A14 iPPC-3000 $21.91 -- FS @ Newegg

Man, all Noctua fans are different shades of ugly.
Colorblind people have the coolest computers, besides I look at what's displayed on the monitor and don't waste my time staring at what's in the box.

Are these noisy when mounted horizontally? My trust Yate Loons are starting to bug the hell out of me after over 9 years of use. I usually run em around 7v.

Are these noisy when mounted horizontally? My trust Yate Loons are starting to bug the hell out of me after over 9 years of use. I usually run em around 7v.

Sleeve bearings hate horizontal. But wow you got 9 years out of Yates? That's like a record or something.

Sleeve bearings hate horizontal. But wow you got 9 years out of Yates? That's like a record or something.
Yeah only two out of the six I have on my main rad are noisy, if I stop those two the rest ara silent. The other two that are vertical haven't given me issues. So I guess I'll need to do more homework on replacement fans, thank you.

Man, all Noctua fans are different shades of ugly.

I feel like years and years ago, someone told the industrial designer at Noctua, "PCs will be mostly black. Black goes with anything," and he just replied, "Challenge accepted."

I actually like the old beige/brown color scheme when looked at in a vacuum, but when put in any case I have ever owned it just looked off. (Luckily zero of my PCs in at least the past decade have had a window.)

Last edited:

These are hybrid hydrodynamic and maglev bearings, they do not make any extra noise when mounted horizontally. Keep in mind however these are their industrial fans, and as such are very high speed, if you want quiet, these are not the choice, get something from their normal line of fans in the sub 1,200rpm range.

Last edited by a moderator:
These are hybrid hydrodynamic and maglev bearings, they do not make any extra noise when mounted horizontally. Keep in mind however these are their industrial fans, and as such as very high speed, if you want quiet, these are not the choice, get something from their normal line of fans in the sub 1,200rpm range.
Yeah I ended up getting some pwm gentle typhoons instead, thanks.

Back