DEAD - MSI GeForce GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Golden Edition @ Newegg $400 - $40 code - $30 rebate = $330

I just purchased the MSI 980 Ti 6G LE for $409 today from them after $30 rebate card.

It's almost as if retailers tease these outlandish sale prices to purposely tank the used card market. Even though the deals are almost always DEAD by the time anyone actually clicks on them... Does enough to deter folks from buying used at a similar price. Glad I was able to sell my 980ti at $380....

Yea that for 330 that would be one hell of a deal.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
I never said anything about people making out on their mistake.
There's been several of these deals the last couple weeks. The deals have been around the $400 mark with a rebate. Newegg has occasional deals like this, they just don't last long. Where's that ten bucks?

It's almost as if retailers tease these outlandish sale prices to purposely tank the used card market. Even though the deals are almost always DEAD by the time anyone actually clicks on them... Does enough to deter folks from buying used at a similar price. Glad I was able to sell my 980ti at $380....

i have been looking and still cant find a 980ti anywhere under 350 so i dont think these sales had that much of a impact

They're still going for $500-600, but there are deals sometimes.

for used cards anything above 350 is a bit much i feel. of coarse you can get more on ebay just because their are people their who have no idea the 10 series exist but on fourms i think 300 isnt far off

for used cards anything above 350 is a bit much i feel. of coarse you can get more on ebay just because their are people their who have no idea the 10 series exist but on fourms i think 300 isnt far off
There are used cards on eBay in the $350-400 range. And I agree, paying near full price for used is really stupid, imo.

seems like USED 980ti's are around $380 , 980's $300 , and 970's $180-$200

seems like USED 980ti's are around $380 , 980's $300 , and 970's $180-$200

alot of people belive their card is worth 380 but i find that hard to belive with new cards at 410 i honestly belive they are around $300 cards with fury x's at 320 on ebay and 1070s supost to be at 380. 980s are frequantly at 250 though, i have had around 6 offers for a 980 at 250 on other fourms. and i dont know the prices of 970

max 980ti should be little 349.99 because 1070 is newer and its at 379. When 1070 starts hitting msrp and readily available, you will see 980ti being cleared out and it will probably go for 330-50 or so. Now that will be one decent buy. I would give it some serious thoughts.

I still don't believe though some people trying to sell their 980ti at 400+ in the forums when you can pick up brand new one for like 400ish

max 980ti should be little 349.99 because 1070 is newer and its at 379. When 1070 starts hitting msrp and readily available, you will see 980ti being cleared out and it will probably go for 330-50 or so. Now that will be one decent buy. I would give it some serious thoughts.

I still don't believe though some people trying to sell their 980ti at 400+ in the forums when you can pick up brand new one for like 400ish
Most of the AIB cards with decent cooling have been going for around $430 last time I checked. Not quite the $379. Those cards will only be the AIB cards with reference style blowers.

Most of the AIB cards with decent cooling have been going for around $430 last time I checked. Not quite the $379. Those cards will only be the AIB cards with reference style blowers.

Yea true. I think Nvidia seems have fucked up the msrp big big time. They are raping everyone in anyway they can. AIBs longer base their pricing of msrp instead most are targeting founders edition and making it look like they are cheaper than premium nvidia cards. Nvidia basically decided to have two msrp and that means more money!!

Back