Dead Island: Epidemic

cageymaru

Fully [H]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/222900

One of the people on my Steam list sent me an invite to the beta for Dead Island: Epidemic. Anyone else playing it? It is nothing like the other titles in the Dead Island series. Reminds me of a MOBA or Diablo. Seems it will be F2P. Only played 30 minutes so not going to pass judgement on it.

As much of a craptastic launch dead island was, I'm still intrigued by this. Only because of the change in gametype.

yeah, ive tried it. its alright, although im not a huge fan of moba's. ill continue to check out as it gets closer to launch.

I'm having a crap ton of fun playing this and I'm not entirely sure why. Leveling is painfully slow (main level wise), and I can't figure out how to get tier 2 parts to build weapons. It's easily enjoyable and not too hard to figure out unlike some other style MOBA. This also isn't like your typical MOBA because you build your own weapons outside of the game. There is no item buying while in a match.

My steamname is kingicewind if anyone wants to play.

I played this for a few hours yesterday. It is fun but OMG is the leveling slow. Individual character leveling isnt bad but I unlocked the ability for one of my characters to use tier 2 weapons but my account level is still tier 1... so... I cant make the weapons of which I have the ability to use which seems dumb

Also you dont need the parts to make them, at least for tier 1, you can just go to the workbench and use the weapon parts (the bullets icon) to buy the items completion. Not pay to win because you still have the grind the fuck out of the level to upgrade your ability to make weapons for your character's level.

Its pretty fun but a total grind fest. Its reminiscent enough of dead island to make me want to re-install it and go through it again. I missed the bad launch and got it on sale later on and I had a metric shit ton of fun playing it.

Haven't played this yet but I got like 5 copies of it for some reason.

Finally made it to level 2... My hits to kill didn't seem to change in the slightest making me think the leveling system has no bearing on anything actually in game which is lame. Grind out levels just to stay the same effectiveness in the matches is stupid. It put me off so much I stopped for the night...

I do like it still but I can see it growing old quickly if maps aren't kept fresh. The maps are not very long and once you get to the bosses they are EXTREMELY difficult. They have a LOT of health and there is only one healer class and her heals are slow HOTs unless you unlock through grinding out (or buying) character points other characters who have bigger more instant heals. But then the recharges are so long you might as well not use them. 10 second recharge for a not even 50% recovered HOT. The interrupts on self heals are constant and once a single character goes down it's almost impossible to get them back up in the boss fights.

The game over all works well. It seems polished and stable, so maybe they released this beta to flesh out balancing or something else. I like it. If I hadnt just installed the DFM for Star Citizen I would probably be playing this more tonight, but... space sim calls me lol

Swap around between horde mode and the other one thats not scavenger and you'll find one.

If you are start on scavenger, click unready and then ready again. Many times I find a match right away.

And the your main level has to do with the tier of your workbench. Otherwise you have your character level, and weapon level and tier. Those all effect your games.

Back