Dead Island - Best Open World Zombie Game Ever?

All right, so I downloaded the DLC. Now where is the option to play it? I seriously could not find it.

You're apparently not the only one. Looks like yet another fuckup from Techland.

Here's what you do:

Let Steam update Dead Island.
Restart Steam (very important!). The DLC will no longer show as separate.
Load your saved game.
Go to a spot where you can travel in your game.
Choose Arena!

Night all! Enjoy!

:)

I figured it out by accident. Ha ha!

Dead Island really reminds me of age I was playing Borderlands, It has much in common, for me DI is like mix of L4D and Borderlands, so 2 games I definitely love. Don't you have similar feeling ?

Dead Island really reminds me of age I was playing Borderlands, It has much in common, for me DI is like mix of L4D and Borderlands, so 2 games I definitely love. Don't you have similar feeling ?

Lol I had the same thought except I played DI first and just bought borderlands. BL is a much better game for the money IMO but maybe I'll change my mind when the DI DLC starts to roll out.

Bothe great though....many hours of fun.

Haven't played this game in quite awhile, but apparently there is some new DLC out called "Ryder White". Anyone play it? (I'm guessing not, lol, but worth asking)

http://kotaku.com/5879691/play-the-villain-in-dead-islands-ryder-white-dlc

So, I was going to make a new thread about Dead Island but I just thought I'd resurrect this one instead.

Interestingly enough, I think I may have fucked up... or it doesn't matter; i'm not really sure yet. I bought Dead Island a couple months ago (I think during the Steam summer sale) and never played it. I have 2 weeks vacation for college so I thought i'd get caught-up with some of my backlog. So I load up Dead Island and I go to select my character and I select Ryder White. I just finished it before typing this, and I think I may have played some sort of DLC or something because the ending basically shows what happens with him and his wife, and basically doesn't play out as a open-world RPG-like FPS game. After completing it I thought, wait a second, isn't this supposed to be RPG-like in a open world doing quests and stuff? I mean, the whole time I was playing as Ryder... it was very very linear but awesome. I really liked it.

I am going to try out a different character next because I think I actually missed the core game itself. I didn't see a hotel or resort, or anything... just playing as Ryder going around fucking up zombies' days... but anyway, i am very pleasantly surprised by this game because I really liked it. If the core game is anything like the Ryder White episode then i'll be happy. I could have sworn people were knocking this game when it came out for whatever reason, but couldn't remember why.

I remember people were talking about the trailer for it a lot and even received some sort of award. Anyway, so far i've liked the game. Can I expect more of the same in the core game as the Ryder White part?

Epic thread necro..heh.

I never did try the DLC, but the main game got knocked mainly because the durability system was stupid, and half the time when you would throw weapons they would disappear into the ground. Not to mention on release the game was massively broken due to the devs releasing the wrong build.

Haha, I had totally forgot about them releasing the wrong build. That's the last time I get suckered into preordering a game.

I picked up Riptide on a major discount, and was sad to see that it still has the same weird stuttering issues (with or without VSync) that the first game had. Apparently they never fixed a lot of the buggy shit going on with it...really disappointing.

I picked up Riptide on a major discount, and was sad to see that it still has the same weird stuttering issues (with or without VSync) that the first game had. Apparently they never fixed a lot of the buggy shit going on with it...really disappointing.

It appears that both games are affected by stuttering caused by keyboard use, which can be alleviated by using a controller instead:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24929985

...but even using a controller is not a perfect fix according to posts in the last page or two. Some are wondering if it's certain kinds of keyboards. Reminds me of the infamous Logitech HID issue with F.E.A.R., but this sounds different.

It appears that both games are affected by stuttering caused by keyboard use, which can be alleviated by using a controller instead:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24929985

...but even using a controller is not a perfect fix according to posts in the last page or two. Some are wondering if it's certain kinds of keyboards. Reminds me of the infamous Logitech HID issue with F.E.A.R., but this sounds different.
I don't get why this game stutters at all. Also, the exaggerated head and body movement combined with the narrow FOV make me really sick (the first time a video game has made me sick :rolleyes:). For these reasons I have never played the game through to the end. All the videos I've seen make it seem like the game is great, so I may do some research to see if there are any mods to at least improve the latter issues. I really don't want to have to play this game with a controller :(.

I really don't want to have to play this game with a controller :(.

That link has a simple fix to stop the stuttering. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet myself. Played the game a few months ago and didn't notice the stuttering, but I didn't get too far into it (put it down for no real reason, probably to finish another game that I was working on).

Yeah the FOV is really bad...I think you can tweak it with some tools or .ini stuff but it should be a slider in the Video options, period.

That link has a simple fix to stop the stuttering. I haven't gotten a chance to try it yet myself. Played the game a few months ago and didn't notice the stuttering, but I didn't get too far into it (put it down for no real reason, probably to finish another game that I was working on).

The "fix" is editing your Windows keyboard settings every time you play the game...that is not a fix IMO.

The "fix" is editing your Windows keyboard settings every time you play the game...that is not a fix IMO.

YMMV. I don't think having the repeating keystroke setting disabled for the duration of playing the game through would bother me much. I agree that it's more of a workaround than a fix, but better to have to do that than to have no solution at all.

Dead Island Helper took care of everything if I remember right.

I've never had these issues through DI or DI:RT, nor have any of the three other people I played with, what are your computer specs?

Dead Island Helper took care of everything if I remember right.
Thanks. Found the link earlier in the thread and checked it out. Looks like exactly what I was looking for. Going to download Dead Island now to give it another go.

Back