Dead Island 2 - Sunshine & Slaughter Trailer

Heh, still looks clunky like a Source game circa 2007, but 'dat gore though.

I am going to wait on this one. I like the premise and location, but I found the controls clunky. And the fact that weapons, including steel pipes, all broke down like they were out of warranty really killed it for me. It relied to heavily on kicking and that and the fact guns were worthless just makes me leery.

FYI - a different developer is doing it.

Techland = Dying Light = Feb 2015
Yager = Dead Island 2 = Spring 2015

Yager did Spec Ops the Line (which was great IMO) so DI2 should be a solid game still.

The only game I really liked from Deep Silver was Cursed Mountain for the wii.

I just finished Dead Island yesterday and based on that experience won't be playing another Deep Silver game anytime soon.

Hopefully it won't be a broken piece of shit on launch this time. :p

I really hope they added the ability to take out zombie legs without killing them. I want them to crawl after me, not just take repeated damage to the legs and then die (which makes no fucking sense).

I am going to wait on this one. I like the premise and location, but I found the controls clunky. And the fact that weapons, including steel pipes, all broke down like they were out of warranty really killed it for me. It relied to heavily on kicking and that and the fact guns were worthless just makes me leery.

If you used mods it was much more fun. I did find the loot to get a bit ridiculous with one of them towards the end though. The Community Mod Pack(or w/e it was called) fixed a lot of the annoying parts of the game.

Hollywood is full of zombies? Well with all the surgeries I'm not surprised. It's not city of angels: it's city of the fake people. Or as I like to call it city of demons.

FYI - a different developer is doing it.

Techland = Dying Light = Feb 2015
Yager = Dead Island 2 = Spring 2015

Yager did Spec Ops the Line (which was great IMO) so DI2 should be a solid game still.

Oh so the people who made Dead Island 1 are not in charge at all for DI2 and Dying Light?

I enjoyed Dead Island. It had it's flaws, but it was a fun game. If Dead Island 2 plays like a well refined, fully baked version of the first game, I'm in, no question.

The trailer really looked great. Looks like fun, mindless killing. I'm sure I'll be picking this up.

I actually liked dead island and dead island riptide once I found the cheats to give you unlimited ammo, super jump, weapon strength, and unlimited health. It was a grind to really explore the game. Once I had those mods, the game became waaaaaaaaay more fun. I thought the game looked amazing but the people, and the zombies all looked like super old people.

dying light looks just like dead island with a but better graphics. The first few videos of it on youtube even have some of the same exact sound effects, compass, and game play as dead island.

no thanks.

maybe yager can do something with this.

Back