DEAD: HOT? Cooler Master Masterbox 5 case + Hyper 212 cooler $41.45

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
--------DEAL DEAD--------

I thought this was pretty blazing. CM Masterbox 5 mid-tower ATX case with window for $41.45 and you get a free Hyper 212 (Not the EVO, but still!).

Shipping is free.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?sdtid=11374803&SID=15242cc6292a11e8b51a2a338d3381850INT&AID=10446076&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-Slickdeals LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16811119314&cm_sp=

11-119-314-05.jpg

35-103-218-04.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely a decent price, but that case. 9 spots for SSD's and none for a dvd player or internal card reader or any other doohickey you might want to add. It's sure to fit someones needs.

Definitely a decent price, but that case. 9 spots for SSD's and none for a dvd player or internal card reader or any other doohickey you might want to add. It's sure to fit someones needs.

That's pretty much par for the course on cases these days, and I uber love it. To me there's nothing uglier than a case with external 5.25" bays, at least those that aren't covered by a door like the old Antec/Chieftec cases. That's probably why I love my Thermaltake Core v21 and v1 cases so much. :D

I can count on one hand the number of times I've used an optical drive in the last three years. When I got my TT V21 (again, no external 5.25 bays), I bought one of those Vantec Nextstar external 5.25 powered enclosures and stuck my blu-ray burner in it. It lives out on the junk shelf and only comes out to play like twice a year when I need to backup stuff to BD-R disc. :)

That's pretty much par for the course on cases these days, and I uber love it. To me there's nothing uglier than a case with external 5.25" bays, at least those that aren't covered by a door like the old Antec/Chieftec cases. That's probably why I love my Thermaltake Core v21 and v1 cases so much. :D

I can count on one hand the number of times I've used an optical drive in the last three years. When I got my TT V21 (again, no external 5.25 bays), I bought one of those Vantec Nextstar external 5.25 powered enclosures and stuck my blu-ray burner in it. It lives out on the junk shelf and only comes out to play like twice a year when I need to backup stuff to BD-R disc. :)
I build systems for a living and my customers demand a dvd player (whether they use them or not is immaterial). If I spec a laptop they demand a dvd player.
YMMV
As long as major manufacturers include dvd's with their products (EPSON, HP, BROTHER, SAMSUNG; printers for example) there will be a need.
People with cameras and storage cards also like card readers.

I was just pointing out a major shortcoming in the case, but oh yeah, we made spots for 9 SSD's, lolz

That's a good deal. Ive been very happy with my Master Case 5.

I build systems for a living and my customers demand a dvd player (whether they use them or not is immaterial). If I spec a laptop they demand a dvd player.
YMMV
As long as major manufacturers include dvd's with their products (EPSON, HP, BROTHER, SAMSUNG; printers for example) there will be a need.

I was just pointing out a major shortcoming in the case, but oh yeah, we made spots for 9 SSD's, lolz

These days I assume most would just get an external drive unless they do use it frequently. Unless they are a big user of Blu Rays, I don't see it more than the occasional use. An external would be okay in those instances. Delete that stuff from the front and the airflow you gain is amazing. Having no bays to block/filter airflow through certainly helped in my case. But if that is what your customers demand then that is what you need. All but a few of my CD/DVD based games are now digital and most of my utilizes can be used via USB.

YMMV

I also build PC's for a living, 15+ years as my full time job. Most of my customers know that nearly all new laptops and PC's do not come with them and haven't over the past few years. Not all but most. I always provide a external dvd burner for $25 to them if they ask which costs me $12 and guess what, very few of them do. If you're selling low end systems I could see where those customers would still be using DVD movies, old games which would make sense.

I would get use to laptops and cases not coming with spots for ..... DVD burners that haven't been popular in years.

If you have a federal tax / state tax id, I can give you my supplier. case of 20 x for $7.25 each or $12 each per unit.

Nevermind, they are $12 and $13 online shipped free.

Flogger23m &
SixFootDuo

Most of my builds are for businesses. They don't want to have to search for the external dvd drive ( is it in sarahs office, shit she locked the door, etc..) nor do they have time to search for the external hdd gathering dust in the closet.
Not much low end, i5's with ssd's, and i7's with nvme's and ssd's upwards of $2000+ systems.
If they don't use them I don't care. I just put in what they want. Like I said YMMV

Last edited:
Flogger23m &
SixFootDuo

Most of my builds are for businesses. They don't want to have to search for the external dvd drive ( is it in sarahs office, shit she locked the door, etc..) nor do they have time to search for the external hdd gathering dust in the closet.
Not much low end, i5's with ssd's, and i7's with nvme's and ssd's upwards of $2000+ systems.
If they don't use them I don't care. I just put in what they want. Like I said YMMV

interesting. I wonder what discs these people could possibly be using. But, that's cool I guess. Maybe sharing photo cd's, music cd's or passing around driver discs or Windows 10.

Back