Dead fan in Enermax Revo 85+

Matthew Kane

Supreme [H]ardness
My 1250watt Revo 85+ PSU (see sig for specs of rig) is going a bit south with the 135mm fan dying unless I use a pencil to hand start it otherwise it doesn't spin on its own. I've searched everywhere with no luck for a 135mm replacement so I'm looking at a 140mm replacement.

Anybody here can recommend me a good 140mm fan with good cooling performance/noise ratio?

I'am not from NA so some options/models may not be available to me.

Thanks

Note: the jonnyguru review describes the fan thusly:

"this is not a four wire dual voltage fan like the Liberty Eco, it's just a straight two wire temp controlled wind machine."

I don't know enough to know if this means anything for just putting any old fan in there but I thought I'd point it out just in case.

Just use a fan header from the motherboard or 4-pin molex/speed control it etc. Run the wire out of the PSU with the rest of the power connectors, or some other misc hole.

I replaced the fan in my Antec powersuppy with a Noctua... moves a lot of air and is super silent! Way quieter than the stock fan too.

Thanks that's what I plan to do. I'll omit the internal fan connector option on the PCB and route it to my mobo instead where I can control the fan speed. Only PITA thing is I need to drill extra holes on the Noctua to secure it.

Back