*DEAD* eVGA GTX 780 Superclocked $360 at Amazon

My two havent shipped yet. Still estimating Nov 15-Dec 4 or something like that.

I wouldn't be shocked if $360 is what Amazon pays EVGA wholesale for the cards (with the intent to obviously sell them at MSRP). If that's the case, maybe we will get lucky and Amazon will ship them to save face with customers since they would simply break even on the first batch of these new cards.

I'm getting a little hopeful at this point since I haven't received a cancellation email yet.
I suspect there's 2 points when these are most likely to be canceled, either immediately after ordering or when they physically arrive at amazon and are packed up for shipment. We're past the immediate cancellation point...fingers crossed.

even though I jumped in too late for this deal I'm curious if Amazon honors the sale and people get shipped the card...amazing deal for a GTX 780!

I think it would come in-stock around the time the 780 Ti does, which is supposed to be November 7th.

even though I jumped in too late for this deal I'm curious if Amazon honors the sale and people get shipped the card...amazing deal for a GTX 780!

Amazon shipped out some Asus GTX 680 DC2's for $196 over the summer, so it does happen...But those were in-stock at the time.

Same, me and a friend. I ordered 2 he ordered 1. Both got removed from our order page. They could atleast send an email, I find it very shady that they don't even bother to contact you, just remove it as if it never happened.

They will probably send out an email later on today or tomorrow explaining what happened.......at least that's what I have seen in the past with scenarios such as this one

lol @ all of you guys thinking you actually were gonna snag a 780 acx, for $360.

Not even Black Friday or Cyber Monday is gonna have this for less than $400.

And I'll bet my left nut on that. Guaranteed.

lol @ all of you guys thinking you actually were gonna snag a 780 acx, for $360.

Not even Black Friday or Cyber Monday is gonna have this for less than $400.

And I'll bet my left nut on that. Guaranteed.

Back under your bridge, troll. I think most people were, in fact, cautiously hopeful.

On the other hand, I'm gonna do my best to find a Black Friday deal for under $400. Unfortunately, I have no need of your left nut, so we'll just have to call it a Gentleman's Bet.

A**holes have canceled my order also, no notice nothing just canceled.

If you check your original order email, the order exists but will say cancelled. Some people are getting gift cards out of the situation.

Spoke with Amazon CS and they said that it was the manufacturer who requested them to be cancelled and they are working on a promotion for those with cancelled orders. We will see if that holds true.

HURRAY for being an Amazon Loyal Customer!

Last edited:
I spoke to the amazon chat dude and was able to secure a $20 gift card and a price-honor guarantee when it comes back into stock...so we will see what happens with that lol...

A**holes have canceled my order also, no notice nothing just canceled.
The same ---holes you are going to complain to and steal $20+ from, knowing that you tried to buy something that was clearly priced incorrectly? Damn, those terrible, terrible people.

I'm confused who the bad guy is here..

Bingo, We have a winner here.

The same ---holes you are going to complain to and steal $20+ from, knowing that you tried to buy something that was clearly priced incorrectly? Damn, those terrible, terrible people.

I'm confused who the bad guy is here..

a little OT: so does Amazon need the manufacturer's permission for price drops or can they drop prices as they see fit?...with all the Gold Box deals and other sales at Amazon I always wondered how they set their prices

Exactly...

I ended up with 3 of those cards. I'm currently using one at the moment :D

It doesn't hurt to place an order. They don't charge until the item is shipped anyways. I'm hearing everyone who ordered will be getting a $25 gift card as compensation. That is what they're saying on Slickdeals so we'll see...

a little OT: so does Amazon need the manufacturer's permission for price drops or can they drop prices as they see fit?...with all the Gold Box deals and other sales at Amazon I always wondered how they set their prices

They technically can price at whatever they want once they have the cards.

They generally go by the pricing guidelines set by the manufacturer. Large retailers have discount guarantees that if the AIB drops prices on a product, they get a "refund" of their overpayment.

That is not always true. Some companies have agreements with retailers that they can not sell products under a certain price. Bose for example does that.

********* YMMV! For those that got orders in **************

Possible GTX780 for $335.

Check your Amazon account for a 25$ credit, everyone should have gotten one.

Also, I originally got in on the order for a single 780, but saw it was cancelled like the rest. After some talking with Amazon this morning, just trying to see if I could get a $10 credit or anything, I was able to talk them into substituting a different GTX 780 for the same price. So, I was able to get an EVGA 780 (i need blower design for my case) with awesome looking stock cooler, the 3 games package, free overnight shipping for $335 after the 25$ credit. Awesome!

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/753/gjan.jpg

Be persistent and polite. I accomplished this on my first chat with a CSR, took maybe 15-20 minutes. I placed a new order and he altered the price. This is the item I ordered, should have tried for superclock, but I will not be picky. The item has shipped out, and should be here monday.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-...8&qid=1383421427&sr=8-5&keywords=gtx+780+evga

Amazon is awesome in my book!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I too contacted CS and they offered to refund me the difference. Got 2x EVGA SCs for $720 :D Looks like I'll be selling the R9 290x I just bought, heh.

Back