*DEAD* eVGA GTX 780 Superclocked $360 at Amazon

Subscribed. Could have bought one before link went dead but don't need right now

Apparently some people on slickdeals ordered 300.... So there goes this deal

I really hope that was a joke post. If not, people like that suck. Part of the reason I think the 680 deal went through is because it never made it to SD. Still crossing my fingers.

Amazon will usually do something for people that ordered 1. Even the people that ordered 20+ will probably be offered 1 to satisfy the "order". The thing that makes this deal a possibility of happening is that it isn't so ridiculously low that its unheard of, sure its $130 less than what the new intended price is, but its not like it was listed for $20.

Apparently some people on slickdeals ordered 300.... So there goes this deal

I doubt anyone on SD has more than 5K in their bank account. But they probably ordered 10 or 20 to resell. I hate that website so much.

Damn, lucky americans. That's like half of what the gtx780 costs in Italy, even after the price cuts... :(

I doubt anyone on SD has more than 5K in their bank account. But they probably ordered 10 or 20 to resell. I hate that website so much.

I put three in my cart and Amazon gave me a stock warning. I doubt they ordered any more than 2-3 in a single order.

Good luck all, if it was a clearance there's a good chance it will be honored (GTX 680 for ~$200). If it was a price mistake, it will probably be cancelled with no offer of recourse (Samsung 840 250GB for ~$70). Recent examples in parens.

I sincerely hope that people like that get blacklisted from amazon, the egg, etc so that they can no longer buy any product from them.
Why? It costs a lot less to amazon to ship 300 cards to one address, instead of shipping them to 300 different addresses... :confused:

Do you have a CC with a $108,000 limit?..I sure as hell dont

Multiple credit cards?

Let's say you bought 300 and made a measly $100 profit on each, that is $30k profit right there.

Pretty sure the people who bought that much didn't buy with consumer accounts, but probably with their company/store accounts, on which there are generally no limits of expense.
yeah that actually sounds plausible then

That is the thing about the internet they will basically say anything to get some attention.

Got you now, you can't fix it.
I now right?...They must be...Its not like anyone would lie on the internet....:)

Last edited:
No one said if their order got cancelled yet. Are they shipping or what?

No one said if their order got cancelled yet. Are they shipping or what?

Yeah, people should definitely be getting them today assuming they weren't delayed shipments... No reports of cancellation emails is pretty good, since even if they had a shipping delay, Amazon would surely have noticed the pricing "mistake."

Good luck to those who ordered, I'm super jelly!

Looks like I am going to have to list my unopened 290X's then. I am actually glad I didn't get them till yesterday, gave me a chance to jump on this!

Regarding deals like this, I usually keep this as a golden rule: If I find a deal too good to be true, I don't share it online with anyone.
I know it sounds greedy, but if some assholes are going to buy 20 copies and the deal ends up being cancelled I would be pissed.

Better safe than sorry, if you find a bad ass deal only share it with your friends, AFTER the item has been shipped! I like these forums, so I would share it with you guys too, after item ships!

Yeah, people should definitely be getting them today assuming they weren't delayed shipments... No reports of cancellation emails is pretty good, since even if they had a shipping delay, Amazon would surely have noticed the pricing "mistake."

Good luck to those who ordered, I'm super jelly!

They are delayed shipments. It's a new SKU and it hasn't been released yet. Shipping says Nov 15 - Dec 4 for me. Fingers crossed but who knows..

Regarding deals like this, I usually keep this as a golden rule: If I find a deal too good to be true, I don't share it online with anyone.
I know it sounds greedy, but if some assholes are going to buy 20 copies and the deal ends up being cancelled I would be pissed.

Better safe than sorry, if you find a bad ass deal only share it with your friends, AFTER the item has been shipped! I like these forums, so I would share it with you guys too, after item ships!

The assholes you speak of mostly reside at slickdeals.

Slickdeals is the bane of internet deals. I bought 2 for keeps. I hate people who try to profit off mistakes and ruin it for everyone else.

Slickdeals is the bane of internet deals. I bought 2 for keeps. I hate people who try to profit off mistakes and ruin it for everyone else.

Technically you are profiting off a (possible) mistake, even if you keep 'em.

Technically you are profiting off a (possible) mistake, even if you keep 'em.

I am saving $140, not making $140. I don't see any profit to be made off something I wouldn't have purchased at regular price regardless.

I am saving $140, not making $140. I don't see any profit to be made off something I wouldn't have purchased at regular price regardless.

You are saving $280 at the expense of EVGA's margins. If it is a mistake, then EVGA would never have sold it to you at that price. If you look at it another way, if I'm a person who buys 10 of these and resells them, then I use the profit to effectively reduce the price of other computer parts that I wouldn't have bought anyway (were it not for this savings), then it looks exactly like what you're doing. Your just shifting around the type of profit you are receiving.

You are also receiving greater utility ($280 extra) than can reasonably be expected on the open market, which is another way to look at profit.

Your argument kind of reminds of how pirates justify pirating games. "I wasn't going to buy it anyway" isn't a valid defense, because in the end they received utility not commensurate with how much they spent. They (illegally) profited off of an activity.

Btw I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just pointing out that you are profiting as are those who resell them. You can make the argument that a "reasonable" level of profit is more justifiable, but that's a different conversation.

And there you go, EVGA takes the loss, I couldn't care if they did. But again, people that buy 100 of something because of a price mistake just to reap the profits from reselling are scum. You kind of missed the point. And this is completely different from pirating sorry.

Back