DEAD: EVGA 1600w PSU Sale (T2 $259, P2 $239)

If those 4090s really draw 600 watts, I might be needing one of these also! :(

When I bought the 1200w P2, I knew it was overkill but it served me well through several generations.

For this price you might as well grab one and forget about needing a PSU upgrade for many years. Buying direct from EVGA with a sweet 10 year warranty is a major plus as well :)

Wonder if they're clearing them out for a lineup with that new connector, great deal either way may pick up another titanium one lol.

I bought one. I think the Corsair HX 750i I have in my setup doesn't have the headroom for the 3080ti.
Been mainly playing Overwatch with this system and had no issues, GPU uses up to 330 watts.
I fired up Dying Light yesterday since they were offering the free DLC and update. Played for a few minutes and then when I was in the settings changing some keyboard inputs, the PC just shut off. I never glanced to see how much power the GPU was using.
Ram LED's were still lit, motherboard logos were still lit, power LED was still on, everything else was off. pressing the power button didn't do anything. I had to turn off the PSU, then turned it back on and pressed the power button and all was fine.
I haven't had a chance to test Dying Light again or any game other than Overwatch, but might try later tonight and see if it does it again.

Nice prices, but isn't new GPU connector (12-pin?) coming for power supply soon?

Nice prices, but isn't new GPU connector (12-pin?) coming for power supply soon?

Awesome deal. Grabbed the the t2

I think I should be able to use adapter with the new nvidia gpu no?

Thanks op and thanks furious styles for the associate discount code!

EGA does sell these for $40

1651870903177.png

I have the Corsair version in my PC and I want to see if I can convert it to work the the EVGA PSU,
IMG_2179.JPEG

I picked up a 1600 T2 also, always good to have a backup :) def for that price.

Just a FYI, the T2/P2 models will be Super Flower PSUs, vs the P+ supposedly a FSP unit.

I did end up getting 2, deal is similar to back when the 1300 G2 was 100 dollars on their ebay store.

Yeah I plan on buying a converter cable for the 40xx series. I have a feeling they are going to jack up the prices on the new PSUs.

Just got my 1200W EVGA from Amazon. Debating about returning and getting one of these..🤔

I know there is a converter, but don't you lose the 4-pin data sense capability? Personally, I think it is too close for a new generation of PSUs coming to pick up a high-end PSU at this time.

Gah! I just got my EVGA 1000 G6 a few months ago, in anticipation for a 4090. I should be ok...right? ;)

I know there is a converter, but don't you lose the 4-pin data sense capability? Personally, I think it is too close for a new generation of PSUs coming to pick up a high-end PSU at this time.
Yes you do, meaning you won't get full wattage. I would wait for the new gen before dropping a bunch on a big psu right now.

Do you guys expect 40xx custom PCB cards to utilize the new connector?

I have a 3090ti and this deal is tempting. Debating on waiting for new gen psu with the new connectors.

Thank you OP just picked up a 1600 P2 just in case get a more power hungry video card. Had current 1300 G2 for 8 years now.

I bought that cable but direct from Seasonic for $12 shipped. 40 bucks seems steep even if it is braided. Mine was just flat, but it was OEM and well built. Does the job fine.
It's actually a nice cable, arrived an hour ago. And ya, $40 is really steep. $20-25 is what I would say it's worth.
IMG_2227.JPEG

Sale seems to have ended, so makes my decision easier now..lol.

Back