Dead Dell 2704, worth fixing?

sequoia

Limp Gawd
I have a Dell 2407 that has been dead for a year or so. Just one day it does not turn on. There is nothing displayed on the monitor. It is not the power button that is broken (I checked this), but I am not sure what is the cause. Its been sitting in a closet. I am cleaning the house, and wonder if it is worth trying to get it fixed, or if there is something I can do? Or should I just get rid of it. It was in great condition, no dead pixel, beautiful picture.

If anyone can help troubleshoot, I really appreciate this.

Thanks
Chris

I have a Dell 2407 that has been dead for a year or so. Just one day it does not turn on. There is nothing displayed on the monitor. It is not the power button that is broken (I checked this), but I am not sure what is the cause. Its been sitting in a closet. I am cleaning the house, and wonder if it is worth trying to get it fixed, or if there is something I can do? Or should I just get rid of it. It was in great condition, no dead pixel, beautiful picture.

If anyone can help troubleshoot, I really appreciate this.

Thanks
Chris

Well, in my opinion, get a quote, call and see what it might take to fix, calling around to dell or someone thats a trusted repair center will yield at least an idea of cost to fix, they have to of seen so many situations where a monitor wouldn't turn on, they would know a rough idea. It never hurts to ask. If the picture was as good as I know they can be, I'd probably do it.

Back