dead cpu

MPX

Weaksauce
Hi all :)
in the pc of my signature i burn the one of
the 2 cpu.is possible to found new one?
as far as i look in local market (i live in greece) i dont
found nothing :( .any sugestions were i cant found cpu?
is little bit old machine but i love it and i dont want to throw it away.
Thank all for the reply. :)

You can find Athlon MP 2800+s on Newegg, I think. Either try an eBay search for an identical CPU or Froogle it. Good luck on finding another one.

did you not notice that he live in GREECE! I don't think newegg ships to greece any place on froogle.

Maybe find someone on ebay who ships international. The only issue i can forsee is the new one not being matched. If they are the same core it should be fine. On ebay you can pick up two for $170 USD plus whatever they want for international shipping. That would seem to be your best option. You could them have another spare incase the other one decides to go. Good luck.

Athlon MPs are better than Pentiums/Xeons/etc about stepping mismatch. Check your stepping, and place the lower stepping as CPU0. If there's anything CPU1 has that CPU0 doesn't do, it just won't do it. This isn't the case with AthlonMPs though, so you should be okay.

As far as where to source them in Greece, I haven't a clue. There are very very few AthlonMPs left on the market, as AMD stopped making them a while back. You may have to upgrade both CPUs to 2600's or 2800's.
Oh no, the horror, faster CPUs! :D

Back