[DEAD] Costco: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Speakers $90 w/ FS

Have you ever been to taco bell? I would have to agree, $12.50 is easy to spend at taco bell..
I go there at least 3 times a week. I usually spend $2.20 and have never spent more than $3.30 there if by myself. I hit the dollar menu obviously. If I am going to spend over 12 bucks on food it sure as hell will not be on fast food garbage.

Good deals but I would not expect them to sound good as the ones of old. Models identified by hardwire cables and off switch. The subwoofer foam surround on mine bought many moons ago disintegrated completely and almost bought a new set. Then read numerous comparisons on line including one [h]ere. Seems amp design was changed long ago. So decided to build a labyrinth box for the plate amp with 8" sub and 12" passive radiator, all left over parts from previous projects. Bit heavy and bulky but the bass is amazing now.

I never even opened mine. TBH they look outdated and a bit tacky and I think I will just return them.

Well curiosity got to me and I decided to install these and I'm not very happy at all. I am certainly no expert on audio but these sound like muffled garbage compared to the Z623 speakers I was running.

Well curiosity got to me and I decided to install these and I'm not very happy at all. I am certainly no expert on audio but these sound like muffled garbage compared to the Z623 speakers I was running.
Interesting. Traditionally, I would describe the “Klipsch sound” as anything but muffled. I haven’t heard this new version, but I’ve owned 2-3 sets of the 2.1s over the years and thought they were awesome for the price. I also had the Logitech Z-680s and the original Klipsch ProMedia 4.1s. None of the Klipsch sets that I had sounded muffled. Maybe you are used to the Logitech sound and your ears need time to adjust. That was commonly the case when I’d switch to a new pair of headphones. Grados sound very different than Sennheisers or Beyerdynamics, but each have enjoyable qualities.

Well I can only directly compare it to the Z623. That is what I'm used to and I've been listening to for many years and I really wasn't expecting much difference except maybe a little tighter bass which I certainly got that. The muffled sound just for some reason reminds me of like talking through a paper towel roll. Gun sounds just do not sound natural at all and like they're being fired in a bathroom even though I'm in the open area in the game. And no I'm not crazy because I jumped right into the same several games that I have been playing for weeks and again was not expecting any real difference.

I bought a set a month ago for $90 on the Klipsch site. They sound fantastic especially compared to the crappy Amazon Basics PC speakers I had. My only complaint is the lack of a power switch, which it says you should leave them on anyways. I just hate the bright ass light as my PC is in the bedroom (electrical tape to the rescue). Also, the headphone output is terrible. That made me get a Schiit Stack and man does it sound fantastic.

Can you use them without the Subwoofer? Will it still sound decent enough? I'm not opposed to it just don't have room on my desk for it. Currently have Creative GigaWorks T20 for speakers. They work good enough but aren't the best, they can seem a bit "muddy" for lack of a better word. Worth upgrading or is anything in the $80-100 price range pretty much the same?

Can you use them without the Subwoofer? Will it still sound decent enough? I'm not opposed to it just don't have room on my desk for it. Currently have Creative GigaWorks T20 for speakers. They work good enough but aren't the best, they can seem a bit "muddy" for lack of a better word. Worth upgrading or is anything in the $80-100 price range pretty much the same?
If you can deal with a small sub, the Creative Pebble Plus are a deceptively good, cheap speaker set. They do not thump. However, they do a very decent job with bass guitars and filling in the midrange. and everything else is quite clear and accurate sounding, with good separation. There's even a switch to adjust how "big" the speakers sound and I find it immensely useful. With the flip of switch, you can make hot, forward mixed signals, feel a lot more relaxed and easy to listen to.
I'm pretty scrutinizing about audio and I can't really fault these on much. My girlfriend bought them for her small living room and they do a great job filling it with decent volume and good sound. If they offered a slightly more expensive version with a sub which could actually reach some depth----they would be little killers.

If you can't have a sub, I would look at some of the bookshelf speakers on Amazon such as those buy Edifier, Neumi, or Moukey.

I to replaced my logitech 623s with these klipsch promedia 2.1s and have been really happy with them so far. Im no audiophile. I listen to metal primarily with the volume and bass cranked up and these are excellent for that. In games i havent noticed any difference between the two. I havent changed any of my audio settings in games and havent noticed anything untoward because of that i assume. Ill take the look of the 2.1s over the 623s everytime. Personal preference of course.
I will still use my 623s in the back up rig. Theres nothing wrong with them. They still sound good, not quite as good as the 2.1s but nothing to scoff at.
If i happen to stumble upon another set of the 2.1s while being forced to help grocery shop ill buy em as back ups ;)

Back