[ ☠ ďęåđ ]ALIEN ISOLATION IS FREE EPIC!!!

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221-134536_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221-134536_Opera.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20201221-134541_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221-134541_Opera.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I picked it up. Also, Epic store sucks. You can't download the game to store on your PC? what the crap?!

Well, it 'sort of' installs while downloading. Theres no installation. I know its weird😊but it 'bypasses' downloading and downloads and installs at the same time. It's so co fusing!!
Yeah, see with GOG & Steam, once you purchase a game, you can download it to your computer and save it. Its sucks that Epic wont let you do that.

is this game actually scary? Like FEAR? i've never played a game that actually scared the shit out of me other than FEAR, which I attribute to playing it as a kid. I don't scare so easy now.

is this game actually scary? Like FEAR? i've never played a game that actually scared the shit out of me other than FEAR, which I attribute to playing it as a kid. I don't scare so easy now.

FEAR and this are very different in terms of scares. FEAR is very action heavy, and you have a fighting chance, with a jump scare sprinkled in here and there.

Alien Isolation, is very atmospheric, with a constant intensity that the alien can show up at anytime and kill you. It is way scarier than FEAR.

FEAR and this are very different in terms of scares. FEAR is very action heavy, and you have a fighting chance, with a jump scare sprinkled in here and there.

Alien Isolation, is very atmospheric, with a constant intensity that the alien can show up at anytime and kill you. It is way scarier than FEAR.
guess I'll be trying it at 3 in the morning with the lights off.

If you thought wittle ol "FEAR" was scary you'll probably shit your guts out with this game.

You can download it and copy the install folder to put back later the same way.
My understanding is that Epic can't guarantee that the launcher will see old games if Windows is reinstalled. So you're welcome to install on your dedicated games drive, but the Epic Launcher might still force a new download if you ever have to reload Windows.

see: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-U...ncher-detect-previously-installed-games-a3820

The fact that Epic won't bother to code a fix makes me skeptical to expect much from them.

My understanding is that Epic can't guarantee that the launcher will see old games if Windows is reinstalled. So you're welcome to install on your dedicated games drive, but the Epic Launcher might still force a new download if you ever have to reload Windows.

see: https://www.epicgames.com/help/en-U...ncher-detect-previously-installed-games-a3820

The fact that Epic won't bother to code a fix makes me skeptical to expect much from them.
I get what you're saying but its a free game. If you have to redownload the game is that the worst thing in the world?

I get what you're saying but its a free game. If you have to redownload the game is that the worst thing in the world?
Well this applies to their paid games as well, so....

edit: and maybe, just maaaybe I'd be willing to pay for their games if I knew that I for sure wouldn't have to re download it every time I reinstall Windows. Interesting selling point, no?

Well this applies to their paid games as well, so....

edit: and maybe, just maaaybe I'd be willing to pay for their games if I knew that I for sure wouldn't have to re download it every time I reinstall Windows. Interesting selling point, no?
Just like other launchers such as steam used to work, you just start a new download, pause it, copy the old install to the download's folder and it picks it up.

How often do you reinstall windows nowadays by the way in any case :)?

Just like other launchers such as steam used to work, you just start a new download, pause it, copy the old install to the download's folder and it picks it up.

How often do you reinstall windows nowadays by the way in any case :)?
I'm simply pointing out a possible problem with their launcher. If it doesn't apply to you, move on. The more info the better, in my opinion. :)

Yeah I think I own it on several platforms but I've never played it. Too spooky. Also, they have a VR mod...no fucking way, lol.
Ya I watched a VR site review that and they said it was extreemly well done. Maybe too well as who really needs to be eaten by a giant bug while trying to hide in clausterphobic spaces in realistic VR that that has a likelihood you will need mental care afterwords.

just played the first hour and a half... holy crap this game is amazing. I'm surprised how well it runs too- on the shitbox DV6 laptop in my sig I'm getting 25-40fps at 720P Ultra with CAS. Playable for the slow pace and it looks great for an older title.

Fantastic game. Best survival horror title ever, IMO. And better, it gets the Alien atmosphere right. Does this version come with the excellent DLCs with the OG cast?

Sega needs to come with a true sequel to this game, it's begging for one. The mobile pseudo-sequel, while decent for a mobile game, doesn't cut it.

Fantastic game. Best survival horror title ever, IMO. And better, it gets the Alien atmosphere right. Does this version come with the excellent DLCs with the OG cast?

Sega needs to come with a true sequel to this game, it's begging for one. The mobile pseudo-sequel, while decent for a mobile game, doesn't cut it.
the 100% off deal doesn't come with any of the DLC, but there's also a 75% of sale on those until 7 January which brings the Nostromo expansions down to 99 cents each.

Not all games on epic require the launcher, some games do and some dont. for example, Ghostbusters, Arkham batman series to name a few, you can run directly from the .exe i believe.

the 100% off deal doesn't come with any of the DLC, but there's also a 75% of sale on those until 7 January which brings the Nostromo expansions down to 99 cents each.
Totally worth the 99c each. Unbelievable they were able to get the entire cast back (a few of whom passed away not to long after).

I picked it up. Also, Epic store sucks. You can't download the game to store on your PC? what the crap?!
What do you mean by this? Maybe I'm not understanding but of course it downloads the game to store on your PC. Epic store isn't a streaming service like Stadia.

You can and should look into Legendary though. It allows you to download/install and play games without Epic Games Launcher installed - which is a sucky program. And EGL made my CPU temps rise by 10c with just Epic Games Launcher idling in the system tray. EGL is bad.

Can you just download a game without installing it?
It seems that with Legendary you can, if you go through their command line list, which is shown in the link above. Don't quote me on that though, it just seems to read that way by their command line modifiers descriptions

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by this? Maybe I'm not understanding but of course it downloads the game to store on your PC. Epic store isn't a streaming service like Stadia.

You can and should look into Legendary though. It allows you to download/install and play games without Epic Games Launcher installed - which is a sucky program. And EGL made my PC temps rise by 10c with just Epic Games Launcher idling in the system tray. EGL is bad.

It seems that with Legendary you can, if you go through their command line list, which is shown in the link above. Don't quote me on that though, it just seems to read that way by their command line modifiers descriptions
Thanks for the info.

How is Legendary interfacing with the epic store and accessing download content? (where do login credentials pass through)

How is Legendary interfacing with the epic store and accessing download content? (where do login credentials pass through)
I don't have the answer to that, it is free and open source so if you know programming (I don't) or want to ask them, feel free to take a look! I guess I am going in blindly, not knowing development/programming, but being open source puts me more at ease, and the fact I don't have anything but free games on Epic to be stolen (and retrieved later) makes me not care as much I suppose.

When I set it up, I had two options: import the login automatically through EGL (EGL providing Legendary the login somehow), or by first logging into the Epic store as usual on my own web browser, and then providing Legendary a special sid (random string of numbers) provided by the Epic store. I think it was a kind of authentical token basically. But I never provided Legendary my own personal login/password at any time.

But yeah, open-source, so you could check too. So far I am loving this over running EGL.

edit: from their Github page linked above:
Authentication is a little finicky since we have to go through the Epic website. The login page should open in your browser and after logging in you should be presented with a JSON response that contains a code, just copy and paste the code into your terminal to log in. On Windows you can use the --import flag to import the authentication from the Epic Games Launcher. Note that this will log you out of the Epic Launcher.

Reactions: Xrave
like this
The authentication code seems like a good method.

Back