DEAD: $39.99 with Prime: Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse

You can run this one as a wired mouse - that's how I've had mine for the past 4 years. At this price, I'm itching to pull the trigger on it to have a backup in the parts closet....

Not sure about the buttons on the left click side as well as the stacked buttons on the left thumb wrest...think I'll stick with what I have.

Edit: Nice deal, though; thanks for sharing!

Got one of these for home box, love it! I run it wired when I'm not gaming and can unplug it on the fly to game and plug it back in if I run out of juice. If I had one minor quibble, it's that it needs two USB ports if you want to run it wireless: one for the USB charging cable and another for the wireless USB plugin. Something to keep in mind if you are low on spare USB ports.

I own this, and it DEVOURS batteries.

I don't use my PC much these days, but I'm still very frequently replacing batteries.
It might be alright if you use it wired.

I own this, and it DEVOURS batteries.

I don't use my PC much these days, but I'm still very frequently replacing batteries.
It might be alright if you use it wired.

Its rechargeable....

But bought one I had one and really liked it until it died after bouncing around in my bag for 3 years.

Its rechargeable...
It's rechargeable, but you're either going to have to have a battery charger ready or have it plugged into a wire much of the time.
The mouse goes through batteries FAST, even with an hour or less of use each day.

Unlike, say, my Performance MX mouse which seems to last forever... And I use the Performance MX mouse for 8+ hours a day at work.

Yeah, I plug mine in nightly. It's an amazing mouse that fits my hand perfectly, but charging is a whore and a half. Just keep a spare AA on hand, no big deal. You can also use it while it's plugged in and charging.

It's rechargeable, but you're either going to have to have a battery charger ready or have it plugged into a wire much of the time.
The mouse goes through batteries FAST, even with an hour or less of use each day.

Unlike, say, my Performance MX mouse which seems to last forever... And I use the Performance MX mouse for 8+ hours a day at work.

Really? o.o

G700s very poor battery definitely. Single day use max (or half if you're on your computer all day haha). Performance MX though only lasts me 3 days 8 hours per day a charge.. I'm on the original battery though. Might change it for an eneloop I have spare and see if it works better.

My home mouse choice went from G700s > G602 (MASSIVE battery difference.. The ONLY downfall I found for the G602 was the lack of hyper scroll for me haha. Also the fact my middle click was dying and just got it credited (discontinued) now.). Now I have a G900 so I expect about a weeks worth of use as I only use my computer at home at night before recharges. My work mouse is the Performance MX.

I had the g700s, I could not live with the battery life. I have the G602, I absolutely love it. I replace batteries like every 6 months, and I use my PC alot. I got tired of G700s constantly needing a recharge. I highly recommend anyone who wants a wireless gaming mouse and does not want to deal with constantly charging it. I wanted best of both worlds and G602 hands down is a better mouse if you want wireless gaming mouse.

Ditto on the battery life. If my memory serves me right, I had to recharge every other day and it drove me nuts.

Then the g900 came out and I purchased it and it lasts several days on the same charge through multiple gaming sessions.

I love mine, but yes it is the destroyer of batteries. It replaced my faithful mx1000 which had a failed middle click, but that thing still lasted a week on a charge after ten years. The 1900 mah battery the g700s comes with lasts a day or less (I work from home and then sometimes game at night.) I replaced it with a panasonic eneloop pro 2450mah (the black ones) and now I get two days out of it. I haven't installed any software to adjust polling rate or anything, it is handy adjusting the dpi with the top buttons for cad work.

Deal is expired. I have this mouse and love it but I only use it wired since it eats batteries. Once I got used to using it with the cord I don't even know it is there.

What power mode are you folks running the mouse on in wireless mode? I can get a few hours or so before having to plug them back in. I am not using the highest speed/power mode though. Can't remember what mode it is called.

Glad I got in on this, I'm still using my MX700 from 2004. I've worn the paint and the metal logo flat on that mouse. Keyboard started dying with the num pad last week, and has quickly moved across the keyboard :(

Ordered a Deck Hassium Pro, and now this to go with it.

I will miss my old MX..

DSC08724w.jpg

What power mode are you folks running the mouse on in wireless mode? I can get a few hours or so before having to plug them back in. I am not using the highest speed/power mode though. Can't remember what mode it is called.

IIRC there were threads on the Logitech forum about the battery life and how to optimize it (at least for the G700, not sure about the G700s).

The battery life was one of the main complaints I had about my G700. It is also heavier than what I prefer. It IS comfortable, though. Mine has been sitting in a drawer for years. I'd let it go for a reasonable price if anyone wants it. I prefer the look of the original to the somewhat "teen gamer" look of the G700s.

IMO, using this mouse wired defeats the purpose of buying a wireless gaming mouse, unless you are just in love with the shape and/or button layout. If you guys use it that way, more power to you. I'm glad it has that capability vs. having a charging cradle/dock like some other mice that prevent you from using them while charging.

IMO, using this mouse wired defeats the purpose of buying a wireless gaming mouse, unless you are just in love with the shape and/or button layout. If you guys use it that way, more power to you. I'm glad it has that capability vs. having a charging cradle/dock like some other mice that prevent you from using them while charging.

I tend to use it wired for general browsing and tasks, and wireless for gaming. Works well for me that way. I agree the battery life is a bit low (though I use it on max performance mode, so that probably factors in) but as long as I remember to plug it in, I don't have any problems. And if I do forget, I can still use it wired.

I do love the shape, it reminded me of my beloved Logitech MouseMan Wheel :D

OrderedMar 20
Expected to ship
Mar 27
Arriving Mar 27 - Mar 31

Damn Amazon... that seems excessive.

I've been using it wired since about a month after I got it. It would die out within a few hours, tops. Now, about 7 months later, if I unplug it it lasts about 30-40 minutes. Just ridiculous.

I had one ordered, but canceled because it appears the battery life is fairly poor.

Still waiting on it to ship... anyone who ordered on this deal had theirs ship yet?

I use my G700S as a wired mouse BUT I use a MUCH THINNER USB cord. I don't understand why Logitech included such a thick ass USB cord for this mouse. Their USB cord seems to be resistant to bending (for a mouse cord).

I don't know where I found my thin USB cable though... it just ended up in my collection of USB stuffs. If you guys get this mouse, try to find a really thin USB cable for it. I've had no problems using it as a corded mouse for a year.

Wired or wireless... this mouse is the best.

I also have this mouse and as much as I like it, the battery life SUCKS. Nothing like getting killed during an FPS gaming session because the mouse took a crap after an hour.

Finally got shipping notice today, supposed to be here tomorrow. I guess since they took a week to ship it they stepped up on the actual shipping

I also have this mouse and as much as I like it, the battery life SUCKS. Nothing like getting killed during an FPS gaming session because the mouse took a crap after an hour.

Aren't you guys upgrading your batteries to Eneloops?

Logitech really cheaped out on the rechargeable battery for the G700s, so a better replacement rechargeable battery is strongly recommended.

They're Swiss, and should be really ashamed of themselves for cheaping out, lol. :D

Aren't you guys upgrading your batteries to Eneloops?

I was thinking about picking up a 4 pack and charger. That much of a difference?

Would I even be able to use the internal charger? Or is the actual eneloop charger recommended?

Pretty sure my G700 (non-s version) came with an Eneloop. It's the only one I own. :p

Which reminds me, I need to pick up a pack of Eneloop Pros from Amazon for other devices.

Logitech really cheaped out on the rechargeable battery for the G700s, so a better replacement rechargeable battery is strongly recommended.

They're Swiss, and should be really ashamed of themselves for cheaping out, lol. :D

Pretty sure my G700 (non-s version) came with an Eneloop. It's the only one I own. :p

Yeah, same here...original G700 came with an Eneloop. I recently stuck a high-cap Eneloop in there, works great.

Back