[DEAD] 1-day Amazon Sabrent SSD sale up to 25% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I somehow managed to catch these at $199 a few weeks ago on prime and snagged 4 of them for upgrading various family rigs :D

You sure it was this one? They have a few versions. I saw the version below it that is not gen 4 for 199.99. Haven’t seen this one for 199.99 been checking lol.

I just bought a Adata XPG SSD SX8200 Pro 2tb for 235.. it is pcie gen 3.0 however and I was mainly just looking at BEST performing drives for loading games.
Would the Sabrent 2TB Rocket be better for this application?

I just bought a Adata XPG SSD SX8200 Pro 2tb for 235.. it is pcie gen 3.0 however and I was mainly just looking at BEST performing drives for loading games.
Those Adata SX8200 run hot, I have it in my unraid server as a cache drive and on high usage(100+gig transfers) it frequently was warning me it was pushin 55C. I had the included heatsink on at the time but upgraded after seeing that flash on and off. Its been better after replacing the heat sink. The performance of the drive has been solid besides temps though.

Those Adata SX8200 run hot, I have it in my unraid server as a cache drive and on high usage(100+gig transfers) it frequently was warning me it was pushin 55C. I had the included heatsink on at the time but upgraded after seeing that flash on and off. Its been better after replacing the heat sink. The performance of the drive has been solid besides temps though.
55C is no cause for concern with an NVME drive.

55C is no cause for concern with an NVME drive.
It throttles @ 60 and will hit 60 easily with longer transfers, my issue is the lose of through put because of the temps not predicted reliabilty or anything else so far.

These use the E16 controller. I don't believe anything is out yet using the E18.

I snagged 2 of the 1TB ones @ 25%.

They will go in my new X570 build (ROG Crosshair VIII Formula w/ a 5900X) as a single striped volume. From what I found, the 1GB version should have the same read/write speed as the larger capacity units, which is often not the case.

sabrent.PNG

Why not go for 10,000 MBps / 8,800 MBps (theoretical of course) for the same price. :)

Last edited:
These use the E16 controller. I don't believe anything is out yet using the E18.

I snagged 2 of the 1G ones @ 25%.

They will go in my new X570 build (ROG Crosshair VIII Formula w/ a 5900X) as a single striped volume. From what I found, the 1GB version should have the same read/write speed as the larger capacity units, which is often not the case.

View attachment 293518

Why not go for 10,000 MBps / 8,800 MBps (theoretical of course) for the same price. :)
Good point, i changed to 2 x 1TB

There will be no meaningful difference in loading games.

The main difference with the current PCI-E 4 drives should be in sustained writes and i would think especially a sustained copy and paste. And also doing other things, while those things are happening. Something like transcoding a video while also watching a 4K video file.

I snagged 2 of the 1TB ones @ 25%.

View attachment 293518

Very useful if a person only needs 1TB.

I'm for the 2TB, mainly because I have B550 and I want 4TB in NVMe storage.
The second drive shuts down my SATA 5/6 ports so I need a good reason to do that, and more speed isn't one of them.

Also 50% off the enclosure for my old drive is pretty cool as well.

Very useful if a person only needs 1TB.

I'm not mirroring the 1x2TB drives, I'm striping them (RAID0) to effectively reading and writing to both units in parallel for twice the performance without loosing 50% of the capacity to parity for a net volume size of 2TB.

I already have 4 of these 1TB units on a Asus Hyper M.2 X16 GEN 4 CARD in one of my servers that is connected to my core network via a 25 Gbps NIC (Mellanox ConnectX-4). Those are also setup as a single striped (RAID0) volume. I don't store critical data there, just large video files and such that I'm working on. I should be easily able to saturate that 25 Gbps link when copying large files across. Very much looking forward to testing that out with the dual 1TB units on my X570.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back