DDoS Attack Takes Down US Congress Website for Three Days

HardOCP News

[H] News
Normally this kind of thing isn't funny but you have to laugh when a DDoS attack takes down the website for the U.S. Congress and no one really noticed. The good news is that, as of this morning, everything seemed to be back up and running.

The attack started on Sunday evening, July 17, and initially targeted the Library of Congress website, affecting the same server infrastructure on which the other two websites were also hosted. Despite initial defensive measures, the attack slowly escalated in the following days and continued to cause trouble for government officials and site visitors until five hours before this article's publishing date.

It's cause no one really cares about public sites. It's the internal use only sites that people care about.

*edit* misunderstood someone elses comment.

I'm still expecting them to get caught. Patent office? hmm. I wonder if someone's trying to steal secrets.

If a DDoS attack takes down a website and no one notices for days, are they really denying a service?

Congress hasn't really done much other than suck money off tax payers awhile now anyways.

It could have been down since it's inception and I doubt many people would really have noticed too much.

Back