DDC 3.2 PWM Control Help

///AMG

2[H]4U
I bought a EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite to replace the ddc 3.1 that came with my distro pump purely out of curiosity. Well now I am trying to control the pump speed (plugged into a Aquaero 6LT) but it does nothing in aquasuite from 100 until 50%. After 50% pump speed drops from 4500rpm~ to 3500 rpm at 50% power and I can lower it from there.

Do you think its a pump problem that I need to get a replacement or a problem with Aquasuite and the Aquaero? I had no problems adjusting pwm with the ddc 3.1 that came with the distro plate.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought a EKWB EK-XTOP DDC 3.2 PWM Elite to replace the ddc 3.1 that came with my distro pump purely out of curiosity. Well now I am trying to control the pump speed (plugged into a Aquaero 6LT) but it does nothing in aquasuite from 100 until 50%. After 50% pump speed drops from 4500rpm~ to 3500 rpm at 50% power and I can lower it from there.

Do you think its a pump problem that I need to get a replacement or a problem with Aquasuite and the Aquaero? I had no problems adjusting pwm with the ddc 3.1 that came with the distro plate.
I believe that is normal. It is the same with my EK revo pump that has a DDC 3.2. I am ok with it running at 50%. Anything higher the whine annoys me.

I have that exact pump setup, although I bought the parts separately. I have no issues running it at low pwm % right up to 100%, using the motherboard or a Corsair Commander/Icue.

I am actually looking at moving to an Aquacomputer Octo for this very reason.

I would try swapping pwm headers to check if it is a Aquaero or pump issue.

I swapped through all 4 pwm ports on the Aquaero 6 LT and the pump operates the same way. Also used the MB Pump header and same thing there too. So I wonder if I should RMA it.

I swapped through all 4 pwm ports on the Aquaero 6 LT and the pump operates the same way. Also used the MB Pump header and same thing there too. So I wonder if I should RMA it.
It might be how the MB does it. Like I said it does the same thing with mine on Gigabyte x570 master.

Yeah, if it is not working correctly with MB and the 6LT then something could be off with the pwm controller on the pump.

I think this is normal. I have an Octo and this pump. Regardless of whether it's plugged in to the motherboard header or the Octo, it hits its maximum of 4500 RPM somewhere around 40-50%. I've just adjusted my curve appropriately, and it works fine.

I think this is normal. I have an Octo and this pump. Regardless of whether it's plugged in to the motherboard header or the Octo, it hits its maximum of 4500 RPM somewhere around 40-50%. I've just adjusted my curve appropriately, and it works fine.

So it is occurring like a baseline speed, before the pwm control take over? Possible.

Like if you unplug the pwm cable the pump will just run at 100%.

How do you like the Octo? I just grabbed a Qaudro and some other modules. Haven't had time to get it running yet.

Forgot to mention I had 3 of the revo 140 EKWB pumps and they all did the same thing between 3 difference MB.

How do you like the Octo? I just grabbed a Qaudro and some other modules. Haven't had time to get it running yet.
It's fantastic, outside of right after install. Finally finished my ITX build, get everything together and fire up Aquasuite - tells me I can't use the Octo until I update its firmware, and to do that I need to disconnect all fans and temp sensors from it. F&%^!!!

Anyway, since I did that it's been great. Does everything I want to do and more. Feels like I've reached fan and pump control nirvana.

It's fantastic, outside of right after install. Finally finished my ITX build, get everything together and fire up Aquasuite - tells me I can't use the Octo until I update its firmware, and to do that I need to disconnect all fans and temp sensors from it. F&%^!!!

Anyway, since I did that it's been great. Does everything I want to do and more. Feels like I've reached fan and pump control nirvana.

///AMG I installed my AC Quadro last week and my EK DDC is showing similar %/RPM issues (normal operation?) that Epos7 has. My DDC goes to 4500 RPMs anything over 50%. It is different than what you were describing though.

Also I cannot really do a "curve" as the PWM to RPMs is more like steps.

With a little more review, it seems the steps are roughly as follows. By steps I mean if I set it at 25%, it will be the same RPM as 40%

10-19% = 1500ish RPM
20-49% 3500ish RPM
50%+ 4500ish RPM

There is zero granular detail in the adjustments. I really think it is the pump/pump pwm controller, as fans, from various manufacturers work fine and have an expected rpm curve as the pwm% is adjusted.

Also, my Quadro had a newer firmware installed (ordered directly from AC) and they apparently have already implemented the fix to the "unplug everything" issue which AC discussed on their forums. When mine updated to the current firmware the Quadro just shut everything down, fans/pumps etc all just shut off while it updated.

Better than disconnecting, but a little disconcerting when it happened.

Yea I just ended up keeping the pump and setting the curve using 20-50% pwm.

Back