dd-wrt question

Cant go wrong with DD-WRT i just flashed my Netgear WGR614L and never been happier. Got tired of bandwith issues and this flash made everything worth the flash. Good luck ..

Yep those are right. You'll need the Micro for the V5. Also, this is being used for bridging right? Remember to disable the SPI firewall on both the host and this WRT54g router.

DD-WRT crippled my network horribly. I ended up having to reboot my router every 15 minutes or i coulnt connect to the web and it randomly dropped all my wireless machines alot.

To be fair though i had to use the micro version on my v8 so im not exactly sure where the blame lies.

My buddy uses the normal version on his older wrt and its been flawless for him so YMMV.

I would highly recommend Tomato Firmware. In my experience, It is much more stable. My WRT54G has been up for 2 years straight, well, minus power outages.

I would highly recommend Tomato Firmware. In my experience, It is much more stable. My WRT54G has been up for 2 years straight, well, minus power outages.

Like said: not supported.

But Tomato has had some issues with me too, I've had to reboot the router before. Only a couple times, seems to have been better with the newer firmware I installed about a month ago.

Back