DC Universe Streaming Service Annual Membership Pre-Order Available Now

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by DooKey, Jul 19, 2018.

1. DooKey

DooKey [H]ard DCOTM x4

If you're a fan of DC Comics then you might be a fan of their new DC Universe streaming service that starts this fall. You can go to DCUNIVERSE.com and pre-order an annual subscription to the service for $74.99 plus tax. This service will have some of their animated series available as well as some new content. In addition to getting a nice discount on an annual subscription you'll also be entered to win two tickets to the Aquaman premier and you'll get three months of DC Universe for free. In celebration of their announcement they have released a trailer for their new series: Titans. Check it out.

Watch the video here.

DC UNIVERSE will be available in fall 2018 as a direct-to-consumer digital service, backed by Warner Bros. Digital Networks and built by Warner Bros. Digital Labs. Fans who sign up for memberships will enjoy new original live-action and animated series, classic TV series and films, a curated selection of comic books, breaking news, an expansive encyclopedia, and access to exclusive merchandise. Additional fan features include opportunities to connect with others in the DC community, earn premium rewards and participate in sweepstakes and contests.

2. kju1

kju1 2[H]4U

Oh joy yet another streaming service. Pass.

3. purple_monster

purple_monster Limp Gawd

im trying to not just type 'hahahah' but mega repeated and in all caps with some '!!!!11!!1!!!" at the end and have that only be my comment but this place seems a little classy for it.

Nookie420 likes this.
  4. Gweenz

Gweenz [H]ard|Gawd

Yes you can now watch such classics as "Batman vs Superman", "Justice League", and "Suicide Squad" over and over and over and

5. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

Their animated movies are actually pretty good.

6. F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R. [H]ard|Gawd

DC universe heroes are so lackluster. Can't believe they are doing this.

7. Pez

Pez [H]ard|Gawd

FTFY. It's a shame that the DCAU is superb in just about every way to their movies, and much better than their live action shows. There's a reason why Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are considered the best Batman/Jokers. Batman TAS, Superman TAS, JL, JLU, Young Justice, Static Shock, etc., are all great shows. Then toss in the movies, and it's even better. I'd take the DCAU over the MCAU any day. Timmverse for the win.

MrTryfe, daringx, Solhokuten and 2 others like this.
  8. vegeta535

vegeta535 2[H]4U

They are extremely good just didn't wanna over sell them. I didn't even know they still made MCAU movies. Other then world war hulk one they been terrible.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  9. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

I've been a huge DCU fan for most of my life. I'll be preordering this as soon as i get home.

10. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

As for their newest....
    Batman Ninja was....different, but I really enjoyed Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay.

11. jnemesh

jnemesh [H]ard|Gawd

This show looks like complete shit. They picked the wrong Robin to go grimdark with anyway. "Fuck Batman"??? No, sir, fuck YOU!

12. jnemesh

jnemesh [H]ard|Gawd

The only one you want to bother with is Batman TAS on bluray.

13. DNMock

DNMock Limp Gawd

If they bundled this with access to their actual comics online I would buy.

14. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

Been there done that. ;)

jnemesh likes this.
  15. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

I also found this odd considering Jason Todd is confirmed to be in the show, but I'll wait and see what their plan is. Nightwing is my favorite and even though this is completely out of character with the killing ill still be hoping for the best.

16. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

PFfff, ROTFLMAO, this a joke, right? No, this can't be real.

Nobody, fucking wants to pay for dozens of separate subscription services. All with it's own quirks and issues. The youtubers who went private are suffering for it already. We watched their shows while it was easily accessible on youtube. But most people won't use a separate service just to watch a single show. Not even for free.

You morons, the only way forward for streaming is if you create a consolidated platform Further fragmenting the market isn't good for anyone. The customers will suffer because there is no way they can get access to every show they're interested in if those are shown on 6 dozen different platforms. And the platforms will suffer as well, because they'll be limited to a very small but loyal userbase.

clockdogg and Trixar like this.
  17. BSmith

BSmith [H]ard|Gawd

According the the WEB site, you will be able to read comic books as well. Just not sure what comic books will be available.

I manage it all through my Roku. It all (Hulu, Netflix, CBS, Prime, SlingTV,....) appears as a seamless single service. This will also be available through Roku, so I will take a look at it. If I do not like it, then I drop it. Not sure how much easier it could get.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Solhokuten likes this.
  18. DNMock

DNMock Limp Gawd

You literally just described a cable company. Like literally. I'll take 10 separate streaming services for 100 bucks a month for everything I want to watch with no commercials over 200 bucks a month for cable and everything I want to watch + 500 different telemundo/Oxygen/Chuck Norris Total Gym channels with commercials.

If commercials every 10 minutes don't bother you and the convenience of having it all packaged into one environment is worth the extra 100 bucks to you then awesome, good for you. For me personally at least, the mess of different services is worth saving 100 bucks and not having to deal with commercials.

Ooooh, I may have to look into this now.

Solhokuten likes this.
  19. M76

M76 [H]ardForum Junkie

You're describing live tv. Just because more than one show can be accessed on a single streaming service doesn't make it into live tv, let alone a cable service. WTF, dude? Seriously WTF are you ranting about?

20. lostinseganet

lostinseganet [H]ard|Gawd

I wanted teen titans season 6, not "titans (Live Action)". Sigh oh well at least they said if the go movie does well we might get a season 6.

21. DNMock

DNMock Limp Gawd

Did you just do an 8 ball or something? If so, will you share?

22. shpankey

shpankey Limp Gawd

$75 for just DC comics?

Excuse me while I go over here and laugh my f'n ass off.

lostin3d and RevPuk like this.
  23. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

After rewatching the trailer I don't think he's actually killing those dudes.

24. Solhokuten

Solhokuten [H]ard|Gawd

Young Justice season 3 will be available.

25. Galvin

Galvin 2[H]4U

Every show is going to be its own service. You'll end up paying more than cable TV.

26. nutzo

nutzo [H]ardness Supreme

No, people will end up doing without, or there will be an increase in piracy.

Eventually, these separate streaming services will fail to produce the revenue expected, and they will be sold off to larger streaming services.

lostin3d likes this.
  27. Shmee

Shmee [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah, I don't think so either, but it still looks terrible.

28. Makaveli@BETA

Makaveli@BETA 2[H]4U

Totally Agreed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies

Solhokuten and vegeta535 like this.
  29. spugm1r3

spugm1r3 [H]ard|Gawd

PFfff, ROTFLMAO, for anyone thinking , just because you've cut the cord, that you end up with an all access pass to streaming content without ads, upcharges, or stratification. Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Disney, Warner Bros... none of them are in this business to change the world; they are in this to capitalize on the gaping hole left by cable companies failing to realize people wanted options, not packages.

The main differences between today and 10 years ago are:
    1. You pay your bill to multiple companies, instead of one.
    2. You tend not to have contracts.
    3. Multiple companies decide what you see. instead of just a few.
    Your notion that consolidation is the answer is simply the fastest way back to where we were. I'll pass.

vegeta535 likes this.
  30. No thanks.

I only keep Netflix around because I have family sharing the streams.
    Most of my watching is on Amazon, and that's not all that much.
    I basically refuse to pay for multiple streaming services to get Every Last Show I might find interesting.

Fuck that noise.

31. Rauelius

Rauelius 2[H]4U

Netlix = Steam
    Hulu = Origin
    Amazon Prime = Battlenet
    DC Universe = Uplay
    Plex = GoG

32. kju1

kju1 2[H]4U

Except for games you dont have to pay a monthly fee to those services. Very different business model.

33. fullvietFX

fullvietFX [H]ard|Gawd

I only use Netflix and just go to Mexico for everything else.

34. defaultluser

defaultluser [H]ardForum Junkie

The only two amazing live-action movies to come out out the DC universe in the last ten years were Retired, Extremely Dangerous and Wonder Woman. That's a pretty short list (and I own both). The rest are "watch once, then forget, " or so bad they're on the "never watch" list.

There's good animated shows, but I can only take so much of "insert latest Batman animated series here"

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
  35. DoubleTap

DoubleTap [H]ard|Gawd

I like what Amazon is doing with streaming channels. They have a lot of niche channels that you can choose from a la carte.

Personally, I hate worrying about another bill and another set of account info (and app), but I'm open to paying an extra few bucks per month on a bill I'm already paying.

They need to get wise and start partnering.

36. bos

bos Limp Gawd

Well I'll have some new content to torrent, so their is that.

37. SolarisGuru

SolarisGuru [H]Lite

He's comparing the popularity/size between the companies. Not the services they offer or the pricing structure. Steam is the juggernaut of digital distribution of games, much like Netflix is the juggernaut of digital distribution of online video. It's funny because Steam is trying to get into digital video distribution but I think they need to stick with games. Looking at Rauelius' list, I completely agree with the comparisons. DCU is the streaming service nobody wanted or asked for, yet here we are... much like Uplay... yuck.

Rauelius likes this.