dbrand Dark PS5 faceplates available now - $49

Erebus

2[H]4U
Note: if you don’t personally see the value in this product, please take your thoughts to the HotDeals Discussions or gaming subforum.

dbrand just posted their PS5 Dark faceplates. This is a hot deal mainly due to availability (guessing these will sell out fast), but the price is discounted for the first wave as well.

Edit: first wave sold out in the first 20 mins. Second wave shipping in March up.

Edit: second wave sold out after about another 20 mins. Third wave shipping in April up.

Edit: third wave sold out. Fourth wave for May delivery up.

PS5 Dark.png

Last edited:
Cute advertising and def tempting for my PS5, but not really worth $50 to me to make it all black. Now if I could get a black controller that would be much more tempting and preferable. I'm sure Sony will make the console and controllers black again on the slim or Pro model once those inevitably comes out.

I got in on the May wave. Worth it to kill the white, in my opinion. Hopefully Sony doesn't C&D the company... :cautious:

Lol you really think they're gonna sell for $50. They'll be up on eBay for at least $100 once they start shipping. $250 easy once sony issues a cease and desist.
I got in on the May wave. Worth it to kill the white, in my opinion. Hopefully Sony doesn't C&D the company... :cautious:
Didn't Sony already did it when Dbrand teased it months ago? Hence why they taking shot at Sony with this release. They must be confident Sony can't stop them.

The great irony is Sony could get all of this money if they sold those plate accessories themselves and/or an all black PS5. It definitely shows that there is a market for this, and/or that people don't like the color scheme of the PS5.

Those covers are removable so a can of mate black spray paint and about 30 mins of your time should take care of the white color for way less than $50.

I’ll post up some pics in the PS5 thread when mine arrives. I’m fairly certain I’m in the first wave.

Those covers are removable so a can of mate black spray paint and about 30 mins of your time should take care of the white color for way less than $50.
Voids your warranty unless you find another set of white if you need to send it back. Also from my experience people don't know how to properly use spray paint and up doing a shitty job.

I'd rather just pay 50 bucks.

It's not like I can't just eBay it and recoup most of my costs if I don't want it anymore.

Buy it then, I don’t care ... just an option for people who don’t want to get ripped off paying for pieces of plastic

Buy it then, I don’t care ... just an option for people who don’t want to get ripped off paying for pieces of plastic
If you don’t like my HotDeals thread topic, please find your way out of it or move your thoughts to the discussions or gaming subforum. Nobody cares if you don’t want to buy it.

The PS5 is ugly as sin, but I think it's going to take more than a black faceplate to make it look better. I'd rather have some kind of casing that makes it sit flat and shifts where the disk drive and inputs are.

No amount of color is going to hide the fact that the Playstation 5 is butt ugly....compared to their other models and especially for a video game console. Whoever designed it needs to be fired.

Reminds me of the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Ray's mother gets into sculpting and she creates this,

EaQ3q9vX0AUUAAG.jpg

Or maybe that was the point?

Does dbrand sell it in Pink?

The PS5 is ugly as sin, but I think it's going to take more than a black faceplate to make it look better. I'd rather have some kind of casing that makes it sit flat and shifts where the disk drive and inputs are.
Yeah that's what I want something to make it so I can stack other consoles on top of it like my Ps4 lol

No amount of color is going to hide the fact that the Playstation 5 is butt ugly....compared to their other models and especially for a video game console. Whoever designed it needs to be fired.

Reminds me of the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Ray's mother gets into sculpting and she creates this,

View attachment 328869

Or maybe that was the point?

Does dbrand sell it in Pink?
That episode is exactly what I thought of when I first saw the PS5.

Note: if you don’t personally see the value in this product, please take your thoughts to the HotDeals Discussions or gaming subforum.

dbrand just posted their PS5 Dark faceplates. This is a hot deal mainly due to availability (guessing these will sell out fast), but the price is discounted for the first wave as well.

Edit: first wave sold out in the first 20 mins. Second wave shipping in March up.

Edit: second wave sold out after about another 20 mins. Third wave shipping in April up.

Edit: third wave sold out. Fourth wave for May delivery up.

View attachment 328642

Pictures of side plates in the gaming forum. Preview:

IMG_8656.JPEG

I will say black looks better than white but my PS5 is hidden from sight so I won’t bite

... honestly its such a ridiculously massive console, but I think forcing HTPCs on my family for years really paid off for me in the “hide everything away” entertainment center we got

My order for the May wave actually came over the weekend. It was a surprise because it doesn't look like I got an email about it. Excited to install it this weekend. Packaging is definitely top-notch.

Back