DayZ Could Come To The Xbox One

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like DayZ could make its way to next-gen consoles despite the fact that the developer doesn't feel like they can rival the PC experience.

I personally feel the new consoles have yet to prove themselves able to rival the PC experience, however I feel there is the potential from both. I've not personally had the opportunity to view the full details of the PS4 whereas I have had the opportunity to talk extensively with Microsoft. The next-gen consoles show very exciting promise. I'm hopeful that they can deliver on that.

Anyone else disappointed they didn't port DayZ to the ArmA 3 engine for the stand-alone version? If you like the DayZ gameplay but are sick of the clumsy controls and terrible performance of the ArmA 2 engine I recommend you give Breaking Point a try.

http://www.thezombieinfection.com/

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the controls in ArmA 3 aren't clumsy, but they have been drastically improved when compared to ArmA 2.

Actually I would say the ArmA 3 controls are not clumsy at all (at least, in terms of movement speed/precision and whatnot), but the inventory system is essentially the same as ArmA 2, with a prettier interface.

In any case, I can't really see DayZ or any ArmA-based game/mod to do all that well on a console. The game simply has too many controls for it to really work well on a gamepad alone.

Actually I would say the ArmA 3 controls are not clumsy at all (at least, in terms of movement speed/precision and whatnot), but the inventory system is essentially the same as ArmA 2, with a prettier interface.

In any case, I can't really see DayZ or any ArmA-based game/mod to do all that well on a console. The game simply has too many controls for it to really work well on a gamepad alone.

My thoughts as well. Some friends want to go in together and are trying to play, but my "gaming" PC is hooked up to my TV. I don't see it being done on a gamepad without serious reworking.

I don't believe DayZ will make it to any console anytime soon or ever.

The physic's in the game would just murder the CPU and the extreme far rendering would make those GPU's cry.

Either way, the game is in ALPHA and in no way near a release. Dean even said it will be done when it's done.

Also I don't see how a console with so few buttons could even remotely handle this game. You have gestures, positions, different ways to move, vehicles that can use HOTAS, "The Quick Bar". DayZ has well over 100 key binds.
http://orcz.com/DayZ_Standalone:_Keyboard_Controls

Right now they are testing 100 man servers with 30 to 40 man servers currently standard.

A map that is 225KM Sq in size, from what I have seen there is no console game that has a map that large, and it is only getting bigger and more complex as they keep adding new features in, let alone add more maps of said size and larger.

It will probably be a very long time, considering they don't even plan on being out of alpha till late this year early next year.

Back