Dayton Audio B652 6-1/2-Inch 2-Way Bookshelf Speaker Pair $39.80. @Amazon

Very good if not great. I have and use a T amp and set of the Dayton speakers. Very happy with mine.
Note: Dayton acknowledges (see amazon comments) that some of these shipped with underperforming tweeters. Hopefully past this. This would explain comments I have seen in the past.

My experience with the Tamp is the 2amp 12 volt power supply is inadequate (hum at high volume settings).
12 VOLT 5 or 6 Amp power bricks intended for LCD monitors cure this.

so how exactly do you go about hooking up these speakers and amp to a computer?

Keep in mind that these are not what they used to be. I believe a year or two ago they changed the materials used and from what I hear, the quality went down.

so how exactly do you go about hooking up these speakers and amp to a computer?

Depending on the soundcard and amp its either going to be a 3.5mm plug, 3.5mm to RCA, or RCA to RCA. Maybe a SPDIF connection if you are using a reciever instead of an amp. Really not much to it.

I love my Lepai T-amp. I also have the dayton T-amps (on PC with bookshelf speakers). They lack the power of the Lepai.

It's going to be difficult for Dayton to turn around all of that negativity @ Amazon.

Yes, I used the Blue Rigger wire and it worked like a charm! Sorry Hulk for not responding earlier, but I see that everyone helped out. :)

Oh and I ordered mine earlier this year and they sound fantastic for the money. I didn't get the broken 2013 version of the speakers. If you put the reviews in order you'll notice that the newest ones are mostly highly rated.

Micca makes some nice speakers from what I was told when researching "How to get decent sound for the cheapest SOB on the planet." Those are $60 and would hook up the same way and I was told they have better bass. I haven't tried the Micca speakers though.

If I weren't so cheap, I'd step up to JBL powered monitors or KRK speakers. But those are a ton more expensive!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have this speaker and amp setup. It sounds decent. I would like to find a bigger amp though. I modded mine with larger caps and larger power brick to help with songs that have a lot of bass, but still isn't quite enough :mad:

Well they're only 6.5" speakers and they're only $40 for a pair of them.

I found they're kinda tinny for my listening tastes.

Well they're only 6.5" speakers and they're only $40 for a pair of them.

I found they're kinda tinny for my listening tastes.

They sound clear, it is just the amp is lacking, a 20w T-amp isn't anything like OMG for quality lol.

Back