Days Gone Stage Demo E3 2017

monkeymagick

[H]News
For any of you who missed it, I thought what Sony showed of Days Gone looked great, peformance hitches aside. Ride around in a bike in a post-apocalyptic zombie world is up my alley in an open world. In the mission, Deacon is able to sneak around and a set up environmental traps for the enemies. Heck, the player's character even resembles the bastard son of Walking Dead's Rick Grimes and Sons of Anarchy's Jax Teller. The things shown are a bit gruesome reminiscent of scenes from Predator and Predator 2. I may not be too old for this s#@!. Be warned there is some knifing action, a sort of disturbing strangulation plus a surprise furry at the end. A release date has yet to be determined.

Check out the video.

Days Gone is an open-world action-adventure game set two years after a devastating global pandemic. Play as Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter facing a brutal struggle for survival, searching for a reason to live.

This game looks like ass. Its pretty, but I am so freaking done with zombies. Outside of the whole "look at how many zombies we can put on screen" thing nothing about it looks remotely appealing.

This game looks like ass. Its pretty, but I am so freaking done with zombies. Outside of the whole "look at how many zombies we can put on screen" thing nothing about it looks remotely appealing.

So it doesn't 'look' like ass then... you just don't like the premise. I agree with you on the zombie topic, I'm sick and tired of it also. And of course now everyone copies the 'zombie rush'. As an open world game it looks well done, but anything other than zombies would have interested me more.

So it doesn't 'look' like ass then... you just don't like the premise. I agree with you on the zombie topic, I'm sick and tired of it also. And of course now everyone copies the 'zombie rush'. As an open world game it looks well done, but anything other than zombies would have interested me more.

Graphically? No, it doesn't look like ass. Gameplay wise, concept, design, basically everything about the game though? Totally looks like ass. Look applies to the entire presentation, not just the graphical quality.

Could be entertaining, I like the overall wiseassery feel to it, certain things like OH HOW CLOSE you can get to people used to living in the woods though...nooppe. I know it's a demo, but usually those have the best AI, the one level they put everything into, so that's not forboden well ya'll. Graphics, yeah, pretty cool. Zombies, probably the better representation so far. IQ (not image quality!) ? Lower on the scale.

Looks like a janky mess. Looks all scripted, If I didn't put the bomb at the gate can I kill everyone? And when the zombies come in, why didn't they attack me?

I kinda like it. I don't care much for shooters where you just blast every moving thing on the screen. Plus I suck at them LOL

Sam Witwer who is the voice actor and physical model for the Main player character has been in a few games and seems to do a good job. Looking forward to checking this game out.

Ok, so let's add more blood and gore to games to where it makes players want to vomit. Yeah, that'll make it a AAA title. God man, don't need that crap for a good game.

How is this open world? Seems scripted as well and press button to watch action sequence.

For any of you who missed it, I thought what Sony showed of Days Gone looked great, peformance hitches aside. Ride around in a bike in a post-apocalyptic zombie world is up my alley in an open world. In the mission, Deacon is able to sneak around and a set up environmental traps for the enemies. Heck, the player's character even resembles the bastard son of Walking Dead's Rick Grimes and Sons of Anarchy's Jax Teller. The things shown are a bit gruesome reminiscent of scenes from Predator and Predator 2. I may not be too old for this s#@!. Be warned there is some knifing action, a sort of disturbing strangulation plus a surprise furry at the end. A release date has yet to be determined.

Check out the video.

Days Gone is an open-world action-adventure game set two years after a devastating global pandemic. Play as Deacon St. John, a bounty hunter facing a brutal struggle for survival, searching for a reason to live.

I agree. When I saw the first gameplay of it last year it looked almost Uncharted-level polished. The tension in that gameplay was great with the huge masses of zombies. I am perfectly okay with zombies, and frankly there hasn't been a good zombie game in a while so I am quite excited for this one.

Personally, the idea of this is more appealing to me than the powerful zombie who takes bunches of bullets to kill unless it's in the head. The idea of having a literal wave of zombies coming after you is pulse-pounding.

Back