Daylight Saving Time 2013 Begins Sunday

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Forget what the weatherman is calling for, the government says it’s already spring and the time will match the season. :D Yep, it’s that time again where you lose an hour of sleep and for what, most people are still trying to figure out. Don’t forget to reset your clocks tonight before going to bed. Spring ahead!

So it's gonna be dark when I go to school again....mehh

And Its still going to be daytime when I get off work yay!

The best is when it's light out when you go to work and come home as well! Sunlight until around 9 is still the best!

Spring forward?...it's not even officially Spring yet...Bush changed the dates a few years ago, now it happens a few weeks earlier

Am I the only one who doesn't change clocks?

I wake up at the same time year round... DST can burn in hell for moving my meetings around. :D

I work thursday through sunday -- depending on the day, I wake up anywhere from 230am to 430am...

I already hate this WORTHLESS idea of DST -- I hate it even more tomorrow because I should be able to sleep till 430am... which techincally I will be able to, too bad my body will know it's really 330am.

Fuck you DST -- you accomplish nothing, and you save nothing.

I understand it, but I don't like it. But there was no point when they moved it up other than some dumb business owners thought it would make them more money cashing in with their puppets in Washington.

There is a petition to end DST and I really hope they get enough votes to force a response from the White House. We live in a digital age, there's no friggin' reason for this anymore other than to annoy people.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-change-caused-daylight-savings-time/ShChxpKh

It's because certain businesses believe that they will get more customers while the Sun is out, then they would once it gets dark.

The only reason we wait this long before going to DST is that parents didn't like their kids walking to school in the dark.

Personally, I've never liked DST, and like someone earlier said, it can DIAF for all I care.

Am I the only one who doesn't change clocks?

I wake up at the same time year round... DST can burn in hell for moving my meetings around. :D

I don't change any clocks. Unfortunately, most everything I have that has a clock auto-handles DST so I'm forced into it. Fortunately though, I WFH a lot so I try to keep an odder schedule.

I'm another person who just wants it to go away though. It serves no purpose. And I love seeing the sun, which is almost non existant from the months of Sept through April if I go to work.

I think we should stay on it permanently. I could give two shits if it's light while I'm working, but after work I like to be able to do things outside longer. Unfortunately, my job doesn't allow me to work 4am to 1pm, so I'm stuck on everyone else's stupid schedule.

Agreed. I could care less if it's dark or light. Maybe I should move to AZ as they don't put up with this buffoonery.

Agreed. I couldn't care less if it's dark or light. Maybe I should move to AZ as they don't put up with this buffoonery.

I think part of the problem is that I'm willing to bet you've seen sunlight. Several years ago I was working for someone that I went 2 months with zero natural light. I was stir crazy by the end.

Thanks Bush, for fucking moving DST up 3 weeks from where it used to be, so that every automatic DST function is either off by an hour for 3 weeks, or requires being adjusted twice. 3 fucking weeks. Probably the most productive thing you did in your career.

They need to stop this whole Daylight Savings crap and just the times as is.
No reason for us to change our clocks anymore.

I think it's funny a bureaucrat thinks moving the hands on a clock changes when the sun comes up and goes down.

I blame the parents. Wait, I blame video games.

I think it's funny a bureaucrat thinks moving the hands on a clock changes when the sun comes up and goes down.

I blame the parents. Wait, I blame video games.

The same politicians that think we would have lost 170 million jobs if we didn't stop the sequester or Guam would tip over if we put more Marines there.

I heard a good metaphor for DST supposedly from a native American:
"The government's mindset on DST is like cutting off a foot of material from the top of a blanket, sewing it on to the bottom, and expecting to get a longer blanket."

Sad, out of the seven clocks in my house, I only had to reprogram four. xD

Outdated idea. Should be abolished. It's more of a PITA than a benefit, so it will remain.

Back