Day Z - experiences and Gameplay videos

I'm off all day tmrw so I can play. I don't plan to log on until then so I don't risk dying before I can get my leg healed. You seem pretty well kitted out now so I don't have anything of value for you anymore but I appreciate the help.

I am right outside Orlovets, let me know when you are on.

I plan on starting this soon. Are Steam IDs the best way to see fellow [H]'ers online and best way to communicate with you all? How do you coordinate comms while in game?

I plan on starting this soon. Are Steam IDs the best way to see fellow [H]'ers online and best way to communicate with you all? How do you coordinate comms while in game?

Most people jump on a TeamSpeak/Vent/Mumble server or use something like Skype or STEAM Voice Chat

Loco Laptop, speedy553, and I had a hell of an all nighter tearing stuff up. We did really well and are trucking along nicely. Last I looked I was up to 220 kills, we're all geared pretty decent and have a nice strategy going on. More are welcome to join I'm sure.

Yep, We did a 10PM to 8AM, Didn't do that in a long time.

When its night its nice to have a guy with a flashlight pointing out zombies and saying where they are at TS.

Disappointed I didn't find a car yet -_-

I am willing to start a thread for User id , and best way to help us team up . I would keep it clean and simple to help us get together. Just give me the night and i will do it.

I am willing to start a thread for User id , and best way to help us team up . I would keep it clean and simple to help us get together. Just give me the night and i will do it.

Awesome...thanks for that...maybe post the TS3 server info in there as well?

learned an important *note of advice*

'Don't let your entire squad *map* out at the same time' :rolleyes:

2 of the 3 of us got jumped outside Stary Sobor

If any of you are near Kamyshovo and have an extra morphine, please let me know. I can trade cooked steaks, soda, blood bag, etc.

Edit: Just logged in and it seems I'm in the debug plains. Lovely. Guess I won't be needing that morphine any longer.

Last edited:
can anyone tell me how we can chose a nick for this game? i dont want to be stuck with a stupid name.

edit: guess im now stuck with my laptop name!

Last edited:
To change your in-game name create a new "Profile" from the "Player Profile" section on the Main Menu.

You'll have to set up all your graphics and keybind settings again or you can copy over the files from your old profile to your new one (stuff is in the My Docs folder)

You won't lose your character since all your profiles are tied to your User ID and that's what DayZ uses to know who you are so you can change your name without issue.

to anyone on the fence because of arma 2 AWFUL game mechanics....

Day Z wouldnt let me sleep last night.

here is what happened:

-I was alone
-Only weapon i was able to scavenge was an hatchet. (And its deadly!)
-I died 4 times and wasnt able to respawn because of the awful UI ( was able to fidure it out after 10 minutes when i found the chat button)
-I couldnt find the right key to enable chat... but when i did , other players were SO helpful
-One time i was attacked by zombies , and i was throwing them empty cans even if i had the hatchet in hand (LOL)
-Music made me nervous (AWESOME!)
-I broke my legs once , was only able to crawl , but i managed to kill 5 zombies in that condition(YEAH!)

this mod is a total , total success. Yes , the arma 2 engine is somewhat buggy... the gameplay is a little sloppy. But the mechanics behind the mod is awesome.

If you buy arma 2 for dayZ, please take the time to succeed in the boot camp(tutorial of arma 2). It will help a lot.

-I couldnt find the right key to enable chat... but when i did , other players were SO helpful

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

OHGODOHGODHGOD

I put on a camo skin, and was scared to log in until 1.7.2 because I didn't want to end up in the ocean or 2 hours run out into the plains. Thankfully it spawned me in the playable area this time, but it was right at the coast next to Elektro. With all my good gear so scary so scary

I always seem to spawn in remote locations with NOTHING near. I always have a good 20 minutes of walk before i find an open building to scavenge.

OHGODOHGODHGOD

I put on a camo skin, and was scared to log in until 1.7.2 because I didn't want to end up in the ocean or 2 hours run out into the plains. Thankfully it spawned me in the playable area this time, but it was right at the coast next to Elektro. With all my good gear so scary so scary

Just wait till someone with a dinner bell (Enfield) fires that first shot at you. Your heart rate will spike like mad.

The other day I just about had a heart attack. Was in the middle of a field during the night (or so I thought) and a grenade went off about 30 feet away from me. Then all hell broke loose! Sheer terror, I'm telling you.

I also recall one time playing with four guys at a LAN party, it was pitch black and we managed to find eachother in the middle of the night and were raiding the barns near Cherno. Suddenly, one of my mates says, "wait a minute guys... when did we get a 5th player?". There was a good 30 seconds of panic and confusion while we tried to figure out which one was the player in our midsts. It ended with the four of us all huddled together pointing all of our small arms at a lone survivor with a CZ 550. Surprisingly the standoff defused itself and no one shot.

But I was seriously about a second away from putting a revolver round between his eyes.

Bumping into people in the middle of the night can lead to crazy and intense situations.

I also recall one time playing with four guys at a LAN party, it was pitch black and we managed to find eachother in the middle of the night and were raiding the barns near Cherno. Suddenly, one of my mates says, "wait a minute guys... when did we get a 5th player?". There was a good 30 seconds of panic and confusion while we tried to figure out which one was the player in our midsts. It ended with the four of us all huddled together pointing all of our small arms at a lone survivor with a CZ 550. Surprisingly the standoff defused itself and no one shot.

But I was seriously about a second away from putting a revolver round between his eyes.

Bumping into people in the middle of the night can lead to crazy and intense situations.

One way we've decided on for ID'ing each other: when asked by mates in TS, call out your name and rock side to side, 'Q', 'E' repeat

One way we've decided on for ID'ing each other: when asked by mates in TS, call out your name and rock side to side, 'Q', 'E' repeat

Yes, the "friendly dance" as it's been called. We were all new to the game at that point so we weren't aware of this. It's not infallible, but it works.

I've spent the past two hours trying to find a server that works. Every single one either gets stuck on waiting for host, loading, or waiting on create character. The couple that I've managed to get into then have the FPS bug where you only get 1-5 frames per second. I'm about ready to punch my monitor.

I'm thinking about getting this what do I need foe the mod and is it worth playing if you solo or will it be a hank fest

You'll need Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead or Arma 2: Combined Operations for the base then the mod files. Search the thread and you'll find the information on using the SixUpdater utility to handle that portion easily. The game can easily be done solo but it really shines, in my opinion, when you have buddies.

I've spent the past two hours trying to find a server that works. Every single one either gets stuck on waiting for host, loading, or waiting on create character. The couple that I've managed to get into then have the FPS bug where you only get 1-5 frames per second. I'm about ready to punch my monitor.

You won't do it. You won't punch the monitor. :D

You are probably connecting to out of date servers or you, yourself, are not fully up to date.

If you are up to date on all patches, open your server filter and under server name type "1.7.1.5" then under game mode (I think it is) type "DayZ" and hit "OK."

Since 1.7.X.X no one in the group of 11 I play with has even mentioned a frame rate issue.

This includes someone playing on an 8800GT.

Best of luck!

Alright I have had this mod for about 2 weeks now and its so hard to even do anything. I am usually dead 5-10 minutes after I spawn cause I got zombies chasing me as I run around towns/villages only to find most of the buildings you can't go in them and the ones you do you only find like flares and chemlights. My other problem with this game is the lack of food and water and WEAPONS I can find a shit load of ammo for all sorts of guns but no guns for them. I wish I knew how people can start this game in 20 minutes later be ready to go with guns/ammo/food etc (I am talking those that just died or didn't find this stuff prior and logged off) I enjoy this mod I really do but it seems to be so difficult to get anywhere to the point of being no fun.

Alright I have had this mod for about 2 weeks now and its so hard to even do anything. I am usually dead 5-10 minutes after I spawn cause I got zombies chasing me as I run around towns/villages only to find most of the buildings you can't go in them and the ones you do you only find like flares and chemlights. My other problem with this game is the lack of food and water and WEAPONS I can find a shit load of ammo for all sorts of guns but no guns for them. I wish I knew how people can start this game in 20 minutes later be ready to go with guns/ammo/food etc (I am talking those that just died or didn't find this stuff prior and logged off) I enjoy this mod I really do but it seems to be so difficult to get anywhere to the point of being no fun.

find an unpopulated server and keep respawning till youre in elektro.. find the marketplace and loot the shit out of it for 20 minutes and the 5 surrounding buildings.. go to a populated server and enjoy yourself :)

Back