Day of Infamy

• Thread starter Deleted member 278999
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 278999

I'm normally practically not ever, ever into pre-orders, but this game Day of Infamy is great. If you haven't already, I highly suggest checking it out.

It's by the same team that did Insurgency which is also a great game.

The AI of this game is surprisingly good. It's challenging. They're smart, but not in a cheating way. They're effected by things like smoke, react to noises that you make and so on.

This game is in 'paid beta' right now. As I mentally, I'm not really a fan of paid betas / pre-order games. But unfortunately the developers chose to go this route instead of an open beta. I will say that the game works great. It isn't an alpha beta as you get with other developers. It's nearly the entire game that they're tweaking as they add features.

Spec wise you don't need much to run it. You'll have to check minimum specs but my computer isn't even breaking a sweat running 165hz @ 1440p. I'm guessing most of your systems can run it with ease.

Keep in mind that this isn't a Battlefield type of FPS. There is bullet drop. There are tactics. It is not easy. But it is quite rewarding!

You can find the game on its website at
https://newworldinteractive.com/category/day-of-infamy/ and on the Steam at

Have you played this? Would you like to? What are your thoughts on what you've seen or what you've played?

I'm not into these games as I'm no good anymore but I watched a play video of this and the guys couldn't understand how/why but they loved it. something got them hooked.

I'm not into these games as I'm no good anymore but I watched a play video of this and the guys couldn't understand how/why but they loved it. something got them hooked.

You might be surprised! I'm an OG BF1942 / Desert Combat player who's watched the series decline over time in my opinion. You might really want to give it a try. It relies less on twitch hair trigger pulls and more strategy / common sense, so forth. You can't just drop into a room guns blazing and expect someone (even AI) to not to pull out their sidearm and kill you.

Give it a whirl! It's not for you, return it :)

The game launches tomorrow. Day of Defeat Source is one of my favorite MP games, so I'm really looking forward to this game.

I played in the Alpha and some of those maps that are still available for the mod version in Insurgency, was fun but I could not get anything but the sniper rifle to work for me lol.

The game launches tomorrow. Day of Defeat Source is one of my favorite MP games, so I'm really looking forward to this game.

You'll like it. I promise.

And I've never broken any of the other promises I've made to you!

I played in the Alpha and some of those maps that are still available for the mod version in Insurgency, was fun but I could not get anything but the sniper rifle to work for me lol.

That's alpha for you! Don't expect much.

The game is much improved and at a state where I'd consider it Gold Master and I used to work in game development.

There are some odd ticks here and there but no bugs. Most of the weapon balancing has been worked out. As of two weeks ago it still needed some level balancing. Some pvp maps are just unfair. But it's not meant to be fair at the same time. It's not really that kind of game. It's more of a historical reenactment where you have the chance to turn the tide. More often than not things go as they did IRL. Particularly in campaign mode. Like all games with a PVP mode sometimes you just end up on a team that sucks fucking dick and you've gotta hop servers.

I'm not great. I'm better than average. But by no means is anyone in the game blowing the doors off of anyone else unreasonably.

Sometimes you'll just have to play the waiting game and flush out a good sniper. Other times a hand gun is a better option for close quarters combat - or mid. There's a lot of variety and you need to play smart to be decent. You will die, die and die again for doing dumb stuff.

Sounds like they did a good job and I'll probably pick it up, too many games on my wait list for another one right now especially with the next iteration of Insurgency in the pipeline.

The Alpha was not too bad and I liked the way the maps were more stacked towards history with a chance to push through. Made it more fun, provided weapons and resupply was fair enough lol.

Back