Day of Defeat: Source free: Feb. 10-12

For those of you with steam accounts, Valve is letting people pre-load DoD: Source now in preparation for a free weekend(for those who don't own the game)! I'm pre-loading now.

jesusfr3ak4evr said:
For those of you with steam accounts, Valve is letting people pre-load DoD: Source now in preparation for a free weekend(for those who don't own the game)! I'm pre-loading now.

People who use Steam will see this when they next log in under the Update News

I think this is just a way to get people to pay for it. On the site it mentions trying the game for free so I think they'll let you play it over the weekend and then it will cost money afterwards. If anyone can confirm what they mean by "try DoD: Source for free." that would be good.

Anyone know how to get the thing to preload without the web shortcut? For some reason on my comp the "steam://install/300" style urls dont work.

Edit: Spoke too soon, if you have this problem just create a shortcut and try to launch game 300.

e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 300

it doesn't show DoD preloaded on mine, but it shows coutner-strike and halfe-life preloaded. It says "purchase now" when I click on it, so yeah... it looks like it's just going to be a trial. blah..

me too, howd yours finish before mine? They forget to factor in timezones?

Edit: Yeah, thats what happened. You should be able to launch in 2 more hours (2:00pm cst) Check steam forums for the info.

Lord of Shadows said:
me too, howd yours finish before mine? They forget to factor in timezones?

Edit: Yeah, thats what happened. You should be able to launch in 2 more hours (2:00pm cst) Check steam forums for the info.
I had it preloaded the day before, thanks for the update!

I'm at work till 6 :mad: :(

Looks like I'll have to pick up a case of bawls so I can get in as much time as I can. :D

mdameron said:
I'd bet you guys have to preload HL2 too, for all the engine and crap...
I dont know if you have to or not, I had HL2 anyway. :) Its a great game one of the best if not the BEST game out there.

DOD:S is just multiplayer, correct? I don't really care for online games so back it goes to CC.

Back