Dawn of War II 25 D2D

Dang, I should buy this. Not sure if Direct2Drive will conflict with steam though. Hrmmm.

Dang, I should buy this. Not sure if Direct2Drive will conflict with steam though. Hrmmm.

I can't imagine they would, they're just apps that manage apps. I'm sure there are plenty of people that use both.

Just to confirm for those who are interested - I just made a D2D account, paid $25 for Dawn of War II, was given a CD Key, went to Steam and pressed "Activate a Product on Steam" on my games list, put in the key, and now DoW II is authorized on Steam forever and I'm DLing it through the Steam client now.

I didn't have to DL anything from D2D/actually use it at all.

Just to confirm for those who are interested - I just made a D2D account, paid $25 for Dawn of War II, was given a CD Key, went to Steam and pressed "Activate a Product on Steam" on my games list, put in the key, and now DoW II is authorized on Steam forever and I'm DLing it through the Steam client now.

I didn't have to DL anything from D2D/actually use it at all.

One more reason to spend money on this, lol.

Great timing.

They're getting ready to release the 1.5 patch which brings more balance and bug fixes and a bucket of new maps. As good a time to get into it as any, especially for that price.

The single player campaign gets really repetitive towards the end, havent tried netplay yet.

The single player campaign gets really repetitive towards the end, havent tried netplay yet.

That would be about the only reason I'd by this - for the singleplayer. I played mp during the beta and had some decent fun with it, but jumping into the community now would be suicide. I'm not really that good at rts to begin with.

Well I just bought this and activated it on steam due to peoples advice here. I loved playing the skirmishes in the beta version and spent nearly two months of my life on the first one so I'm hoping I like the Single player and other stuff in this one as well.

This is a pretty good deal but honestly Im a huge DoW fan and played the original series from the original Beta all the way up except for soul storm I already moved on to CoH and i was thoroughly disappointed with DoW2 I really feel like the graphics and effects kicked major ass but on the gameplay side they pretty much sucked the fun and epic feel out of the game scaling everything down so much and really not improving on small unit tactics.. Its like they took have the abilities away from CoH and gave you half the unit cap with different graphics..

Tempted, but not sure if I'll bite. I really enjoyed the single player in the first one though.

I've been trying to buy this all night. I keep getting transaction failed. According to Cheapassgamer I'm not the only one. I wonder if this was like the Mount & Blade Steam weekend deal for $7.50 a few months back and they ran out of keys. :(

Last edited:
Great timing.

They're getting ready to release the 1.5 patch which brings more balance and bug fixes and a bucket of new maps. As good a time to get into it as any, especially for that price.

QFT. The new patch makes it an entirely different game, definitely worth 25 bucks, and now it's quite balanced.

For The Emperor!

I have been playing this since beta and I gotta say that it takes them too much time to patch anything, I think that atm like most of the community is staying away from the 1.32 until the 1.5 comes, they tested 1.4 as beta and then brought the game back to the shitty imba 1.32, so mp is something you should avoid now. :p

THey should bring new add-on, something like Dark Crusade with other races.... It's time to fight for Greater Good with Tau... or just chop hummies with da boyz in good single player campaign :)

I've been trying to buy this all night. I keep getting transaction failed. According to Cheapassgamer I'm not the only one. I wonder if this was like the Mount & Blade Steam weekend deal for $7.50 a few months back and they ran out of keys. :(

Yup, you're not the only one. I was trying all day yesterday and wasn't able to get through.....'transaction failed' every time. :confused:

Yup, you're not the only one. I was trying all day yesterday and wasn't able to get through.....'transaction failed' every time. :confused:

I submitted a ticket and they're telling me my IP doesn't match my billing address (it's not in the same city) Paypal and CC payment both failed.

I just left it alone and told them I'd just take my business elsewhere and that steam happily accepts my payment; I just can't be bothered.

While I can appreciate them attempting to protect me from CC fraud it's a bit draconian and just leads them to lost revenue. The may want to re-think their policy.

Wow. I just tried to buy the game again (for shits and giggles) and it went through this time. I was just thinking how bullshit it was that you couldn't buy it because your IP didn't match the city of the billing address and yet when I tried again about 5 minutes ago my order went right through without a hitch.

Very odd situation....but it works for me :cool: I plugged my key into Steam and I'm dl'ing DoWII from them right now.

I finally got it too. About damn time. My 1st purchase through Direct 2 Drive and I'm not really impressed but I suppose they could've ran out of keys..

Great to see the game go on sale! Hopefully this brings in some new people. I have had the game since release and am about to finish up playing through the campaign for the third time. I am ready to do some multi-player. If any [H] members want to play some matches to learn the finer points of multi-player together, hit me up. Steam ID BrianDub and GFWL ID BigDubo (Steam is by far the best way to get in touch with me).

Back