Dawn of Discovery: Venice anyone?

nah havent played it yet.. was thinkin of buying it though.. loved anno 1404 but got bored with it really quickly after killing and conquering everything on the map.. but its staying on my short list right now until i finish playing AvP single player..

nah havent played it yet.. was thinkin of buying it though.. loved anno 1404 but got bored with it really quickly after killing and conquering everything on the map.. but its staying on my short list right now until i finish playing AvP single player..

i am thinking buying the combo deal in steam ($49.99 for original and Venice), while i'm waiting for SC2 and CIV V. after looking in youtube the game look real impressive but dunno how is the game play compare to Impressions Games sequence?

Will wait for Gold to hit sub $30. A friend has DoD and had good things to say (not as much micromanagement if you don't want, i think)

i love love love economic base micromanagement, is this what i'm going to expect? or DoD just a game of troop and army?

thx

Its being published by Ubisoft so I'll have to pass. I did enjoy the original game however. It was quite fun, but I've been a fan of the Anno games for a number of years now.

Its being published by Ubisoft so I'll have to pass. I did enjoy the original game however. It was quite fun, but I've been a fan of the Anno games for a number of years now.

wait, you mean this game require a internet connection at all time? it doesn't say anything on steam page?

wait, you mean this game require a internet connection at all time? it doesn't say anything on steam page?

No, that's the other micromanagement game that's coming out...Settlers 7. This one is using an older "pirate" prevention method....only 3 installs. Well according to one of the websites I read.

I have the original but I am going to wait till the expansion is on sale or a really good deal shows up for both of them like King's Bounty a little while ago on Steam.

there's really no point in getting venice unless you want mp. the description makes it look kind of like you get new buildings just like the orientals, but you don't actually get to build with them. as far as I can tell all you get is mp mode and a couple new diplomatic features, they're probably saving the rest for a proper expansion.

EDIT: on further investigation I figured what they actually did with venice. anyone who's played anno1701 should remember certain features that just happened to be left out of the game, like espionage. this is one of the new features you get, they added the "base of operations" that used to be the spy lodge, with pretty much the same tactics like arson/plague/revolt.

also there's about a dozen new scenarios, kind of like vanilla 1701. so they basically did a reverse release for 1404, with campaign first and then extra scenarios.

http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/5251042375

Last edited:
Anybody know if the import version of Anno1404 Venice (FS@gg) works with the NA Dawn of Discovery? I haven't seen DoD:Venice yet except on Steam, and it says that their version only works with the Steam version of DoD. I have the retail DVD version of DoD.

i think as long as you add anno 1404(dod 1404) to your steam account it should work.. but you can contact them and find out..

there's really no point in getting venice unless you want mp. the description makes it look kind of like you get new buildings just like the orientals, but you don't actually get to build with them. as far as I can tell all you get is mp mode and a couple new diplomatic features, they're probably saving the rest for a proper expansion.

Wait, so you don't actually get to build venetian cities? What exactly is the point of this addon?

Man and i was getting pretty excited for it too. In the launch trailer they even show you placing what I thought was venice style buildings and cities.

I got the combo Dawn of Discovery Gold Edition off Direct2Drive for $29.99 a few days ago. It might still be on sale, but I haven't checked again yet. It's $49.99 on Steam, so D2D is cheaper by $20.

EDIT: Still on sale-- http://www.direct2drive.com/9058/product/Buy-Dawn-of-Discovery:-Gold-Edition-Download

I haven't tried Venice yet. I have been playing Anno 1404 on-and-off lately.

so D2D is a digital download? is it work like steam? never tried it before

thx

Just bought the gold edition from steam. I know I am late to it, not to mention this thread. :)

Downloaded slow, had to let it go all night. Average 1.2mb usually, this went 200 max. grr. The game then would not authorize my serial, so I have not been able to play at all. :(

Any ideas? Should I just get the crack?

No, but I'm not buying any Ubisoft titles at all until they ditch that shit [online DRM]
Same here, I would love to buy and play that game but the principle is worth more. Just say NO to Ubisoft.

Had gotten it during the epic steam sale this year, for 20 bucks (Gold Edition), awesome game, and absolutely gorgeous too

Same here, I would love to buy and play that game but the principle is worth more. Just say NO to Ubisoft.

anno 1404 is pre ubisoft retarded DRM.. but honestly the games not worth the money.. maybe 10 bucks.. i bought it when it first came out.. graphics are amazing but damn the game got boring quick...

if ya want screen shots let me know i still have mine from when i use to play it..

Last edited:
Back