Data not showing on Lacie Big Disk?? Help!

fenderltd

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2007
I have a 1TB lacie big disk drive and I can still connect to it, but it doesn't show any of the files. If I login to the drive via http to see the properties etc. everything looks fine, it shows 500gb used, 498gb free. I also tried to create a new share to access the files, but same result. I have another drive on the way because last week I realized how much of an idiot I was for just having one drive with all my data. Well if things don't work in goofy ways.

Drive was working fine, turned it off, moved everything out of my office (steam cleaning carpets) and put everything back in. The drive is hooked up via ethernet and I have tried usb but didnt get anywhere. I don't know what else to... I updated the lacie firmware too.

Also, I have tried via FTP and HTTP in Mac & Windows... It connects but shows no files...

Any help will be great. Thanks in advance.

edit: Added pic
The main share is called "root" and then the next sub dir is all my folders :(

lacie.png

Major edit, I don't care about voiding my warranty. I broke the seal and I am going to try to attach the drives to my desktop.

did you log into the we app and restart the file sharing service?
I have to do this every so often on mine.

I dunno if pulling the drives will work as they're stripped somehow.

I restarted the service, shut it down etc. no go. I am in a tough spot, I need this data like life support. I'm a jackass for letting this go this long. I guess sometimes you need to learn the hard way

it just sucks that the control panel works flawless, I can mount the drive flawless, but its like the files are hidden.. As I have been reading, everyone seems to complain about a fail on these lacies, but no one has any troubleshooting or data recovery tricks oddly enough.

Well after running a few data recovery apps on each drive, no luck. If anyone has anything, please reply!!!

Doesn't the big disk use onboard RAID0/JBOD between the two drives?

If this is the case no you won't see any files with recovery apps by hooking them to your pc.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Update,

Oddly enough, I was able to login in through FTP and it seems I am able to get my files. Mounting the disk or hooking via USB still is the same. I went to frys and picked up a cheap WD my book untill my raid setup arrives... Wish Me luck

While I have no experience with Lacie drives, I do know that some external enclosures use proprietary file formats that are not readable by external controllers.

I hope you are able to FTP your files off of this system. I really don't have any bright ideas for getting to your data right away. Getting another identical enclosure and putting the drives in there may work. I wish you luck.

You seem to be getting the message, but one more whack upside of the head won't hurt too much.

I keep my important data on a Raid 1 NAS box. I back that up to 2 separate external hard drives. My important data is my music, photos, and documents. The Pron was free, and can be gotten free again. ;) My current important data is less than 100 gig.

Don

Back