Dash's @ EMC

dashpuppy

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok guys, the trainer gave me 100% for the go ahead to take TONS of pictures :)

Will be updating my blog http://itsparks.dyndns.org every night

AND will post pictures here of the lab's and goodies we get to train on for EMC...

Day one, the lab
DSCN0040.JPG

DSCN0045.JPG

the Equipment.

DSCN0042.JPG

:(:(

It seems I can`t play......

Gateway GEO-IP/BOTNET Alert

This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Geo IP Service. Country Name:United Kingdom Initiator IP:xx.xx.xx.xx

:(:(

More Photos,

Psu pulled out.

DSCN0066.JPG

Looking at the unit, and what one i;m going to cable, & initialize.

DSCN0071.JPG

cx4 i get to cable & setup on friday.

DSCN0075.JPG

Wired up the CX3-80

DSCN0079.JPG

Dell server i get to configure the emc-storage with then setup longs and hots on.

DSCN0080.JPG

Me,

DSCN0083.JPG

Well today learned about how to build a storage array, what raid levels do, ( learned the correct term & spec of raid 5 )

Learned how to wiring the system and what each cable does and where it goes.

Learned how to setup Luns & raid groups and host groups etc etc.

THEN got to play see what the system does when you pull ( two ) fans out of the CX3-80

P.s IT doesn't like that :)

got to watch it dump the cache and power off...

Then I got to transfer data from the host machine that we setup and then pull a drive out, watch it start faulting and logging errors then swapping to #14th drive ( that I set for hot spare ) watching it swap over and start working, then re-inserted the drive I pulled out and watched the transfer rate slow down a bit and see it rebuilding in the system manager software.

THEN I walked over and pulled 2 drives drive POOF it fails and the storage goes missing LOL ! that was sweet :) plugged them back in and it came back on line with more faults and started rebuilding fast as I have it set to rebuild = ASAP.. Pretty cool stuff watching it rebuild and what it does in the logs and how it dumps..

after that i destroyed the raid group, built another one but this time build a raid 10 with 13 drives & a hot spare.. built I and tried the same thing kinda watching it fail then re-build how it swaps over etc etc..

Pretty neat stuff.. I know this is almost EOL stuff but it's still in production and runs in customers environments so i have to know how to support it...

Class Room.

DSCN0095.JPG

Wired up 3 enclosures. 2 are FC drives the other top one is SATA II drives 14 x 500 gigers.

the FC drives are 74 gig.

Lights :)
DSCN0098.JPG

Enclosure's. ( middle one i was creating hot spare's for the other raid groups, and assigning them. )

DSCN0099.JPG

I find this funny, it's WAY WAY WAY cheaper to buy a can of pop than it is to buy this CHUBBY water :(

WTF..

DSCN0103.JPG

Back