Dashpuppy's ManCave

To be completely honest.... I dont want to know what goes on in dash's "man" cave ;)

projects projects and more projects.

Hobbies =

Audio building amplifiers
Repairing computers * building to *
Doing work stuff
r/c heli's ( again soon )

some updates of my network mess @ home.

This weekend i did some more wiring, Mounted the WAP & ran a cat5e cable to it, through the attic from the MAN lan closet :)

DSCN3058.JPG

Doing some wiring in man land, cables go through this wall, and into the closet, there are 6 cat5e cables going from here to my desk ( strapped up under the desk )
DSCN3061.JPG

the rack YES YES it's a huge mess as i was moving things around and working on things getting it all back on line.

DSCN3060.JPG

I need to ordere 1-2 more basic pdu's for the rack since i have more equipment in it, the current 10 port one is full..

the only thing wrong with it really, is it needs some good cable work done. lol. :)

Some updates,

Got home today, and my 23" lcd arrived, the matching one that i got for free a few weeks ago.

DSCN3074.JPG

Shot of the room :

DSCN3073.JPG

Isn't desk to hight for you? I think it would be wayyy to hight, even if I'm 6"7'.

Actually I would prefer a desk like that, it's a pretty nice setup and looks like a good height.

Depends on the person, but I would prefer a higher desk to a lower one, it's easier on the back and helps when working on PCBs and other delicate hardware for easy viewing and manipulation.

Actually I would prefer a desk like that, it's a pretty nice setup and looks like a good height.

Depends on the person, but I would prefer a higher desk to a lower one, it's easier on the back and helps when working on PCBs and other delicate hardware for easy viewing and manipulation.

The top of the desk is 32" its perfect for me. VERY strong too. I can stand and jump around on it and it won't budge a single mm :)

The top of the desk is 32" its perfect for me. VERY strong too. I can stand and jump around on it and it won't budge a single mm :)

Very nice setup.

It's good that it's so strong, considering it will need to be if it's going to support all of your equipment. ;)

Looks like you need to have a lean event sand clean up some of your extra stuff;)

But what if you needed to work on it? Huh? Huh?
Ok, you got me, but I know I would work on my equipment on that desk. :p

EDIT: That's right, I would work on my equipment on your desk. :D

But what if you needed to work on it? Huh? Huh?
Ok, you got me, but I know I would work on my equipment on that desk. :p

EDIT: That's right, I would work on my equipment on your desk. :D

Lots of room, bring the goodies. only one stipulation, if you bring it here to work on, it stays here or in the rack :)

It just keeps getting better and better.
So many goodies, so little time.

Comments:

1. The monitor stand is a bit ghetto, even for you :)
2. Are those your cheerios or the baby's?
3. Every picture of your desk has the message light lit on that cisco phone. Pick up your darn VMs, would ya?

Finally, thanks for posting. Fun to see a fellow addict's progress.

Comments:

1. The monitor stand is a bit ghetto, even for you :)
2. Are those your cheerios or the baby's?
3. Every picture of your desk has the message light lit on that cisco phone. Pick up your darn VMs, would ya?

Finally, thanks for posting. Fun to see a fellow addict's progress.

cheerios ? where ? in the clear container ? thats my lunch LOL

My phone ? i'm on speaker phone it's showing im connected lol

Im waiting till i have more time out side to make a better monitor stand or research one for me..

the radio is mine :) it has a encryption module installed and im soon to take my ham license so i can use the ham radio's club repeater :0

Nice pad you've got there. :cool:

I'm thinking about building me a desk out of 2x4's and some birch plywood myself. This little 30" wide thing I'm working with barely has room for the monitor and kb. If I've done my figuring right I should be able to make a L shaped desk 6' long and 28" deep out of one sheet of plywood. My dad will probably push me to use oak but I'm not too fond of it. I just want something functional that's relatively cheap that I can put together quickly.

I'd love to have a rack to play around with too, but I really don't have enough to put in it to justify one. Just my NAS, pfsense box and switch.
My girlfriend is nice enough to pretty much let me do my thing in the spare room. I had the whole floor covered except a path to the desk while working on my G5 mod and didn't catch any flack. :eek:

Nice pad you've got there. :cool:

I'm thinking about building me a desk out of 2x4's and some birch plywood myself. This little 30" wide thing I'm working with barely has room for the monitor and kb. If I've done my figuring right I should be able to make a L shaped desk 6' long and 28" deep out of one sheet of plywood. My dad will probably push me to use oak but I'm not too fond of it. I just want something functional that's relatively cheap that I can put together quickly.

I'd love to have a rack to play around with too, but I really don't have enough to put in it to justify one. Just my NAS, pfsense box and switch.
My girlfriend is nice enough to pretty much let me do my thing in the spare room. I had the whole floor covered except a path to the desk while working on my G5 mod and didn't catch any flack. :eek:

Im selling my rack for cheap :)

the lshaped desk is awesome to have, mine covers the 2 walls in my room, i love desktop space I still need to take a router to the edge's and make them rounded over.

With a rack, once you have it, it will start filling up :)

Dash..

I bet the shipping wouldn't be so cheap :eek:
With a rack, once you have it, it will start filling up
Like I need more reasons to buy more stuff. :p Maybe if I ever find a job. :mad:
I've thought about just getting some rails and building an enclosure for it, but since I don't really need it it's not a priority. A desk would be much more useful.

I have always wanted an L desk, just never got around to it. It will be nice to have room on either side for a laptop, books, or room to work on another machine without having to roll around all over.
What did you use for your top? It looks like just plain old pine like you would use for flooring. I can't believe how expensive plywood has gotten. I figured I could put my plan together for about 70 bucks. 42 of which is a sheet of birch.

Back