Dash Cam Footage Captures Plane Crash and Insane Explosion

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
NO! They expect one of us in the wreckage, brother. One of the perks of having a dash cam is capturing the totally unexpected, and this guy in Washington happened to get footage of a plane crash while waiting at a light. Even though the aircraft clipped power lines, hit cars, and caused a massive fireball, the pilot, who wasn’t alone, managed to escape with no injuries. This could have been extremely painful.

The pilot and passenger were able to get out and were not hurt. The Federal Aviation Administration told KIRO 7 the aircraft was a single-engine Piper PA32. It crashed immediately after taking off from Runway 16R at nearby Paine Field. The pilot said he started started losing power and couldn't restart the engine. As he began to go down, he saw that Harbour Pointe Boulevard was clear and open, and steered that direction. State Route 525 traffic was blocked in both directions but later reopened. Snohomish County PUD said about 9,000 customers lost power in the area.

Plane crash....massive fireball...no injuries you say?.....

unbreakable-credit-touchstone-pictures.jpg

I wish it ran longer. Watching all the drivers freak the fuck out would have been great. You get a glimpse of that at the end.

I wish it ran longer. Watching all the drivers freak the fuck out would have been great. You get a glimpse of that at the end.

You can see the white SUV bump the gold Camry trying to flee.

You can see the white SUV bump the gold Camry trying to flee.

I saw that too, and the guy just speeding up at the end while all these cars are stopped? I f'in hate some people so much, much stupid out there.

Isn't that car silver and not gold?

Anyway enough of the gold vs blue dress debate. :(

That guy is lucky he was able to make a quick choice and find a "safe" place to land quickly like that.

lol how would they get stuck if everyone at the scene is trying to turn around and GTFO.

"State Route 525 traffic was blocked in both directions but later reopened."

They left BEFORE it was blocked. If everyone is trying to leave and others who don't know what is going on show up, it'll create a block.

Looked like GTA was right in how drivers respond to explosions. I would like to see, in the near future, dash cams become as popular as they are across the pond. For this reason. Imagine all the crazy shit you'd record that you see when you drive. For example someone stopping at a green light, then going at Red.

Last edited:
Harrison Ford was quoted as asking "are those cars supposed to be on the runway?"

:)

Planes are always falling out of the sky in Seattle. A few years back, I was heading to work in the wee hours of the morning and saw a small airplane upside down on the freeway under an overpass, with a motorcycle policeman standing next to it scratching his head. Evolution in action; some idiot had stolen a plane from the nearby airfield, and it had just enough gas to take off before the engine died. (Pilot was fatality.)

Saw this one too (no injuries):

plane_picture_hanging.jpg

Planes are always falling out of the sky in Seattle. A few years back, I was heading to work in the wee hours of the morning and saw a small airplane upside down on the freeway under an overpass, with a motorcycle policeman standing next to it scratching his head. Evolution in action; some idiot had stolen a plane from the nearby airfield, and it had just enough gas to take off before the engine died. (Thief was fatality.)

Saw this one too (no injuries):

plane_picture_hanging.jpg

There I fixed that for you (emphasis added).

Back