DARPA Robotics Challenge 2015 Finals

One of them (I think Carnegie Mellon's 'bot) fell down and got back up on it's own to be the only one score a perfect score yesterday. That's the one to be afraid of.

The team from my home town is kicking ass. I watched the whole thing. Thanks for this.

Why are people so terrible with audio? FFS I have two ears for a reason!:mad:

^ The robots that actually placed were actually pretty impressive. You won't be laughing when SKYNET awakens. :D

Just read the latest TIME article on this. They really upped the difficulty and ante on this final series. Changing it to self-powered and wifi only, semi autonomous. basically wanted teams to get as close to rescue operations as possible. talked about the underlying math in standing upright on two feet, and some of the objections to even bothering with bipedal robotics. really interesting read if anyone sees it on the stand might want to glance through it.

Just read the latest TIME article on this. They really upped the difficulty and ante on this final series. Changing it to self-powered and wifi only, semi autonomous. basically wanted teams to get as close to rescue operations as possible. talked about the underlying math in standing upright on two feet, and some of the objections to even bothering with bipedal robotics. really interesting read if anyone sees it on the stand might want to glance through it.

The team that placed third fell down and got back up on it's own before scoring a perfect round. I don't care who you are, that was impressive.

not sure why you quoted and responded to my post as your response doesn't seem in any way related to what I wrote?

Back