DARPA Is Testing Implanting Chips In Soldiers’ Brains

HardOCP News

[H] News
I thought stuff like this only happened in crappy Jean-Claude Van Damme movies.

A DARPA spokesperson told Fusion that “brain-neural interfaces” have not been implanted in soldiers, though researchers have already begun testing such devices by temporarily implanting electrical arrays into the brains of volunteers undergoing surgery for other neurological issues.

I'm shocked that in the era of not one, not two, but THREE Sharknado movies, people aren't clamoring for more Van Damme.

He's making movies still, 2-3 per year it seems. They just aren't what they were in the 80s and 90s though.

snicker so your brain is a googy mess of plasma (blood plasma) and soft sponge like clusters of dense tissue, which get burned through by electrical impulses much like a hard drive. Since no one knows how they are encoded or what frequency sticking something in that puts out emi is pretty insane. Plus anything that prevents an impulse from traveling in a direction prevents memories from being burned so that a chip in the way of what ever decides which direction the neuron fires much like a spark plug, could result in a path burned over top of a good memories or skill. Much like electroshock therapy is used to erase traumatic memories.

I thought stuff like this only happened in crappy Jean-Claude Van Damme movies.

A DARPA spokesperson told Fusion that “brain-neural interfaces” have not been implanted in soldiers, though researchers have already begun testing such devices by temporarily implanting electrical arrays into the brains of volunteers undergoing surgery for other neurological issues.

There is no such think as a crappy Jean-Claude Van Damme movie. They are all amazing lol.

Sorry that TV show "Intelligence" was cancelled after one season, this obviously won't work.

snicker so your brain is a googy mess of plasma (blood plasma) and soft sponge like clusters of dense tissue, which get burned through by electrical impulses much like a hard drive. Since no one knows how they are encoded or what frequency sticking something in that puts out emi is pretty insane. Plus anything that prevents an impulse from traveling in a direction prevents memories from being burned so that a chip in the way of what ever decides which direction the neuron fires much like a spark plug, could result in a path burned over top of a good memories or skill. Much like electroshock therapy is used to erase traumatic memories.

Actually the brain is not a mess, it is a very organized structure that sits in water, not plasma. Secondly, they have been able to decode some of the frequencies of the brain with decent accuracy. Third, they have already tested implanting chips in human brains, mostly to help overcome a loss of some kind, like loss of hearing, loss of limb, etc. Third, the chances of being shocked by these chips and losing memory is extremely remote. They have already tested implanting chips in human brains to help people control an artificial limb. So yes, they have decoded necessary pathways in the brain to do these kinds of experiments.

What ever happened to the Old Man's War movie?

I'd love to see a movie based on that book. Only info I see is that Paramount bought the movie rights in 2011.

I'd sign up for a computer in my brain type thing...but the OS would have to not have the sending of telemetry from my thoughts set to on by default.

Back