Darn. My kid shredded my Half Life 2 coupon

Originally posted by planetary
It's the principle man. That was like burning a $50.00 bill. I tried to piece it back together last night. Not possible. We have a good paper shredder.

seriously, dont you get ticked off at hearing people say that??

oh you got money for this, you got money for that. you could afford to buy HL2, blah blah blah.

you know what?!! i got money to buy groceries, but i got f-in triple coupons to save 30 cents on beans this week, ok???

:mad:

Originally posted by SKiTLz
^^^^

Ok.... :confused:

i'm ranting, reading like, 5 different replies saying that the guy could afford to buy Half-Life 2 and not worry about his coupon.

:rolleyes:

bad idea.

As for HL2, i have my coupon, have yet to cash it in. unscratched, its a commodity nowadays. :D

i know the warez rules here, i'm not trying to be an asshole when i said that, but its true. i buy all games i play, period. but before i buy them, i need a decent taste - be it a demo, a friends house, or whatever... but not everyone out there is as considerate to the developers (not to blow my own horn).

i'm not that concerned about all the hype behind this game or any other for that matter, just show me the game. while i might give a glance towards stuff thats still being developed, i really don't get myself caught up in anything until its available.... and THEN i'll buy new hardware as neccesary.

as for this guy, i totally feel bad about the shredded voucher though.... knowing that if valve figured out whatever the problem is, then that voucher wouldnt have existed and it would have been a cd by now, i'd be totally vexxed.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stang Man
i'm ranting, reading like, 5 different replies saying that the guy could afford to buy Half-Life 2 and not worry about his coupon.

:rolleyes:

I guess the bigger question is what was a little kid doing near a shredder anyway?

Originally posted by conscript
I guess the bigger question is what was a little kid doing near a shredder anyway?

We were cleaning earlier. I forgot to put it back out of reach of 3 year old. Someone mentioned earlier, that I was lucky the kid didn't lose a finger. I agree. Very lucky.

Originally posted by oqvist
How about Gordon Freeman nude or is that gay :D

Not gay at all! Imagine if you modded someone's HL2 to have a nude Gordan (with only forearm garments) before they had a chance to play it. They'd run around for hours thinking that they're clothed until they see themself in a mirror and HILARITY ENSUES!!! :p

Just be happy your HL2 coupon didn't put your kid in the shredder. Then you'd really have some problems.

b0b

Originally posted by sp0ngeb0b
Just be happy your HL2 coupon didn't put your kid in the shredder. Then you'd really have some problems.

b0b

Hahahaha...Classic.

Yea...that'd be messy.

I'm really thinking hard about the 6800 Ultra, or the R420 if it is faster! :D

Is that wrong when I have a 9800 XT?

No, im diong the same. Im getting one or the other.

as the penguin said in Batman Returns, "A little tape and a lot of patience is all that neccessary."

It seems like half life 2 is never going to come out, Rumours are that the game stalker has a graphics engine that makes half life 2 just look "plain good" instead of "incredibly flawless and amazing". I accidentally used my HL2 cd key as my HL cd key because the cd key on my half life case was stolen by my friend, now i can't get HL2. fuck, I'm too embarrassed to tell my friends so I'll just buy it as soon as it is released so my friends don't find out.

Yep. My 3 year old got my free Half Life 2 coupon and ran it through the paper shredder. I guess I just wanted to tell somebody. I'm going to go cry now.

I hope you had him get your belt or at least a switch from the yard. If you go easy on him now in no time he'll be shreadding your checkbook or the deed to your home.

You have been warned.

Well...there is also a difference between a purchased video card and then buying the next step above when it is totally unecessary.

But...hell, if I could afford it...maybe 100x over...I'd probably do the same thing.

Originally posted by grapenutz
I hope you had him get your belt or at least a switch from the yard. If you go easy on him now in no time he'll be shreadding your checkbook or the deed to your home.

You have been warned.

What a wanker. "Your kid could have seriously been maimed because of your negligence, you should beat it with a belt or a stick"

Good god:rolleyes:

Back