Darn. My kid shredded my Half Life 2 coupon

planetary

[H]ard|Gawd
Yep. My 3 year old got my free Half Life 2 coupon and ran it through the paper shredder. I guess I just wanted to tell somebody. I'm going to go cry now.

Hey I wouldn't worry about it... as it doesn't look like HL2 will EVER come out. :p

You will probably get another video card with another coupon by the time it comes out... :D

I'm really thinking hard about the 6800 Ultra, or the R420 if it is faster! :D

Is that wrong when I have a 9800 XT?

Lucky your kid didn't lose a finger. At least make the lady watch the kids!!!

Maybe ATi will be sympathetic with you... dunno. I think they werent in some boxes and they had to mail some anyways iirc. Thats no gaurantee they'll help you but nice to know there is proabbly a process in place maybe tehy can get you in it.

Some one stole mine at a lan party:mad: . But i have already sent off all the paperwork for it. I dont know if I still need it or not. But yeah I figure by the time it come out i would have forgoten anyways and prob go buy it:rolleyes: . This game better kick ass, (valve is already on thin ice with me after what they did to cs).

JEEVES

Maybe ATI will help me out. I can understand if they don't, though. I'm sure they get calls daily from people trying to get free HL2 games, when they never had a coupon.

write ati a letter and enclose the shredded bits of it.... surely they'll realize it wasn't shredded because it was redeemed....

LOL@U

but this is a good suggestion:

Originally posted by sackowitz
write ati a letter and enclose the shredded bits of it.... surely they'll realize it wasn't shredded because it was redeemed....

Originally posted by planetary
I'm really thinking hard about the 6800 Ultra, or the R420 if it is faster! :D

Is that wrong when I have a 9800 XT?

And to answer this question: Yes. Yes it is wrong. :rolleyes:

if you can afford to buy a 500 dollar video card while you have a 300-400 dollar video card installed in your computer....then you can afford to go out and buy HL2 if and when it is released

If you can get a good price for it... no its not wrong. Some kiddies dont get that some adults make good money and also work damn hard for it. If you want to play farcry at 16*12 with extras, that is a hard working mans right. Who knows R420 might come with a coupon still. Not too many people will have gotten two cards so close together so no reason not to keep going with it. IMO valve kind of screwed ATi over. They paid a hefty sum and people are using them for a CS pack.

Originally posted by Kortiz
if you can afford to buy a 500 dollar video card while you have a 300-400 dollar video card installed in your computer....then you can afford to go out and buy HL2 if and when it is released

How do you know hes not going to sell his 9800XT :p

The rumor is that HL2 coupon will be in X800 XT boxes since it is gonna be advertised as the best card for HL2 experience.

Doesn't the coupon have a cd-key on it? If so, you could just download hl2 when it comes out. You just have to put the coupon back together and find out what the key is.

Originally posted by the@ntipop
And to answer this question: Yes. Yes it is wrong. :rolleyes:

I thought I would just put my 9800 XT in a frame & hang it above my computer when I got my X800 XT. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by planetary
I thought I would just put my 9800 XT in a frame & hang it above my computer when I got my X800 XT. :rolleyes:

I've got an asus 9800xt which I plan on burning in sacrifice to the ATI Gods in hopes that the R420 is better than the NV40. Then dropping another $500 won't hurt so much.

Originally posted by ]|[ Mar']['in ]|[
I've got an asus 9800xt which I plan on burning in sacrifice to the ATI Gods in hopes that the R420 is better than the NV40. Then dropping another $500 won't hurt so much.

LOL :D

This is a crime what your kid did. The only fitting punishment I see is to stick his pinky finger in the shredder. That will learns him.

Just make up another HL2 coupon in Photoshop. By the time the game is released, Valve will have forgotten what the original looked like anyway.

Originally posted by akanafene
The rumor is that HL2 coupon will be in X800 XT boxes since it is gonna be advertised as the best card for HL2 experience.

Considering the age of the game and the raw power of the next gen vpus, the only way I'm gonna bat an eye at 'ATI = teh rozor' is if there is a nude Alex patch that only works on R420s.

Originally posted by Vagrant Zero
Considering the age of the game and the raw power of the next gen vpus, the only way I'm gonna bat an eye at 'ATI = teh rozor' is if there is a nude Alex patch that only works on R420s.

lol... that actually made me laugh :D

^^^^^
Well if I could figure out how to get the darn editor to working then I could MAKE a nude patch for ya...surely they're not gonna redo 100% of HL2...the skin on the beta should still be the same on the retail version...

Oh...and by the way...a friend of mine has it not me...;) ;) :eek:

Originally posted by S1N3R6Y
Doesn't the coupon have a cd-key on it? If so, you could just download hl2 when it comes out. You just have to put the coupon back together and find out what the key is.

Uhm, yeah, my thoughts exactly.

don't know why you'd even care about a coupon for a game when you're considering spending so much upgrading from a 9800xt. obviously you're not lacking in the funds department. :)

It's the principle man. That was like burning a $50.00 bill. I tried to piece it back together last night. Not possible. We have a good paper shredder.

i say u trade the kid in for a new model.... I heard they fixed a few defects in the new ones... might stop shredding stuff.. :p

all you need is the CD-key. . at most 2 strips of paper w/ the scratchy-stuff on it. just get those 2 strips and you should be fine.

You DL it from steam (gg 30 hr DL) and input the cd-key.

Originally posted by accidentalsuccess
all you need is the CD-key. . at most 2 strips of paper w/ the scratchy-stuff on it. just get those 2 strips and you should be fine.

You DL it from steam (gg 30 hr DL) and input the cd-key.
30 hr? u mean days right...

u forgot to include the repeated attempts that D/L 20% before dropping out and starting again due to the huge hits on their content servers. :p

Originally posted by SKiTLz
30 hr? u mean days right...

u forgot to include the repeated attempts that D/L 20% before dropping out and starting again due to the huge hits on their content servers. :p
i've heard alot about steam and how much cock it blows.... do you actually HAVE to deal with them no matter what - or will buying the game in the store enable you to not have to deal with it?

edit: convenience is a service i always have and will pay alittle extra for. if the store copy is more i really don't care. i feel that many times convenience is priceless. i mean, you only live once, might as well enjoy it :)

from what I can tell.. weather u buy the disc or download it.. steam is necessary and is here to stay.

that totally blows. its a good thing for valve that the games mplayer is most likely going to be a huge hit.... otherwise steam would turn many people off to the point they'd pirate the game just so they didnt have to deal with their horrible service.

Originally posted by sackowitz
that totally blows. its a good thing for valve that the games mplayer is most likely going to be a huge hit.... otherwise steam would turn many people off to the point they'd pirate the game just so they didnt have to deal with their horrible service.

know what ya mean....

companys like valve I have no problem pirating from.. but lets not start a valve bashing thread... ill be here all week and i got work to do.. :D

Back