Darksiders III

Blade-Runner

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/darksiders-iii-leaked-by-amazon-first-screenshots-details/

Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_001.jpg

Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_003.jpg

Darksiders-III_2017_05-02-17_004.jpg

Cool looks like Joe Mad has some work to do even though he's one of the more productive art guys in the comic field.

This is great news! I loved the first two games. I love the art style and the setting along with the neat mix of puzzles and combat.
This is a day 1 for me.

In before someone mods the game with nude skins

i'm in. DS2 was incredible and an amazing port

Calling it an amazing port is a stretch, it had a litany of issues at release which required extensive patching and an apology from the dev's about their lies regarding all the attention they were giving the PC version. Even after patching it still suffered from shitty low res console textures, terrible keyboard/mouse controls, a console UI and a noticeable lack of graphical options. Hardly in the same league as amazing ports like GTA V.

The released upgraded version of both games a few months back maybe they are fixed too lazy to check it out.
I still have to finish the 2nd one only loaded the game once.

Calling it an amazing port is a stretch, it had a litany of issues at release which required extensive patching and an apology from the dev's about their lies regarding all the attention they were giving the PC version. Even after patching it still suffered from shitty low res console textures, terrible keyboard/mouse controls, a console UI and a noticeable lack of graphical options. Hardly in the same league as amazing ports like GTA V.

i dunno, maybe GTA is the golden standard but in comparison to 2016-2017 ports i didn't see any issues with the game when i played it

Darksiders 1 and 2 both ran really, really well on most hardware but the options were sparse to non-existent. They eventually added a Yes/No AA option (maybe a month or two after release), but that's pretty much it.
I remember having some issues with stuttering, which was fixed via an FPS limiter and/or Borderless mods. Not exactly something the average joe would know to try. I think that was exclusively an issue for certain ATI cards, though.
That said, it still ran at 1080p/60 on most modest hardware, which was a pretty massive jump above the console versions.

Cool looks like Joe Mad has some work to do even though he's one of the more productive art guys in the comic field.

I don't think Joe Mad is working on it. He's running another game studio, Airship Syndicate, and is working on a Battle Chasers game. I'd love if he was involved though, even if just in an advisory role, his art is one of the things that really made the first two games stand out.

Darksiders 1 and 2 both ran really, really well on most hardware but the options were sparse to non-existent. They eventually added a Yes/No AA option (maybe a month or two after release), but that's pretty much it.
I remember having some issues with stuttering, which was fixed via an FPS limiter and/or Borderless mods. Not exactly something the average joe would know to try. I think that was exclusively an issue for certain ATI cards, though.
That said, it still ran at 1080p/60 on most modest hardware, which was a pretty massive jump above the console versions.

This. They ran on any hardware. Maybe it's just that it's been so long since I played it, but I never encountered any issues during my playthrough of the game that irked or pissed me off. Today's ports on the other hand....plenty of games that have come out in the past year that have been completely unplayable day 1. Much worse than DS with a lack of graphics options. I just remember the game running like a champ.

That went without saying for most ports from that console generation, unless the dev utterly fucked it up you could expect better performance and even better visuals just by virtue of it being rendered natively at 1080P. My point is that this was hardly an accomplishment worthy of any accolades or praise, there were plenty of other devs who actually put in more effort to leverage PC hardware and to include standard features expected by PC users.

I was like OK we have a female here with a whip then the SLOTH boss popped at 7:50
up and hey this could be just like Dark Souls. The game is on Steam but it's release is in 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Cool stuff I bet It plays decent at this point the Ambient sounds of that cave are flipping amazing.

It's out in two weeks NOV.27th probably the last game to get my excited for this year. If the game plays like Dark Souls all the better....

This has been a good year for games

Once again, I forgot how quickly this was coming. I wish it were available a week earlier (long Thanksgiving weekend), but that's a small complaint.

Strange. The game looks nothing like Dark Souls to me. Still looks like the high action version of Zelda it has always been. But the derivative and uncreative journalistic press likes comparing everything to Dark Souls these days.

Back