Darkfall is awesome!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aFive

2[H]4U
Wait, where the fook is it? lawl @ everybody who says how amazing it is going to be. What happened to January release? February? March? Oh man.

I know quite a few people really liking it. Apparently queues have gotten ridiculous, though. I won't play. Gotten out of MMORPG's.

There's already people playing it, you're just not awesome enough to play it with them. :)

I've been playing since release and love it. I get the same thrill I got the first time I played EQ1.

A friend of mine got it. He installed it then waited 3hr to log in. Don't think he has played it since lol.

A friend of mine got it. He installed it then waited 3hr to log in. Don't think he has played it since lol.

Considering he probably spent more time trying to buy the game, that does not make sense.

From what I understand, the queues are pretty long in Darkfall right now. But no worse than WoW when it first came out.

OP did you even do any research/know what you're talking about? Its released. I have 2 friends who are playing it. Queues are bad, but they allegedly just bought some servers this weekend and are supposedly setting them up soon to manage the queues (according to my friends). They are both infatuated with it right now and want me to play, but im not an mmo guy.

I'm lovin it, even tho I got ganked hard and lost all my gear.. I don't care its fun as hell.

I'll post some SS's when/if I get on tonight.

I've been playing since release and love it. I get the same thrill I got the first time I played EQ1.

In what way? I've been trying to find a game that has a similar progression and item distribution(hard to explain, but WoW's unbelievably massive number of different items detracts from the game for me) to EQ1. I guess I could just *play* EQ1 but...man, they're at like expansion #12 or something now(edit: Make that #15!). Why bother? By the time they got to Planes of Power nobody used any zones outside of Luclin save the odd starting/utility zone, and perhaps some of Velious(Mainly because of the Plane of Mischief changes). That's about when I stopped playing.

the game is crap.
you can't buy it unless you luckbox and when you do luckbox you can't play cuz you're stuck in 3hrs queue.

The game is filled with macroer and hackers, big guild have cities cuz they abused broken spawn points and AV does nothing to fix the problems.

I'd avoid this game at all cost or you'll lose 50$ + a HEFTY monthly fee when the game should be F2P.

Considering he probably spent more time trying to buy the game, that does not make sense.

From what I understand, the queues are pretty long in Darkfall right now. But no worse than WoW when it first came out.

He said he went to a site said what is this and purchased. Then found out it was the game. He tried to play but took to long to get in.

many are crying about queues but I seem to get in relatively fast.. as far as hackers and afk'ers Adventurine is banning a shitload of these people daily.

They obviously don't have the money to put up more than 1 server, a bit worrying to be honest.

In what way?
The size of the world, landscape, travel methods and overall difficulty. The world is HUGE. I spent 4 hours exploring this weekend and literally covered like 5% of the world. There isn't any type of "fast travel;" you either run or ride a mount.

They have no protection from macros, AFAIK.
No game has protection from macros.

the game is crap.
you can't buy it unless you luckbox and when you do luckbox you can't play cuz you're stuck in 3hrs queue.
AV basically has two options right now: allow everyone to play with massive lag and queues or control the population and work out the kinks. The queues were outrageous this weekend, but they warned of this and said they're working on upgrading the servers very soon.

The game is filled with macroer and hackers, big guild have cities cuz they abused broken spawn points and AV does nothing to fix the problems.
Macros aren't bad and the GMs are doing a fairly decent job handling the hackers. There are only a handful of abilities that can be AFK macro'd anyway (running, crouch walking, sprinting, swimming, mana missile, etc). You're taking a huge risk AFK macroing any spells that cost reagents because someone can easily kill you and steal hundreds (or thousands) of gold in reagents off your body.

I'd avoid this game at all cost or you'll lose 50$ + a HEFTY monthly fee when the game should be F2P.
I love Darkfall, even though the graphics/animations are lacking and the servers have been a little laggy. It's up there with EQ1 for me.

They obviously don't have the money to put up more than 1 server, a bit worrying to be honest.
The first server isn't even full yet. They're simply limiting players to address server issues.

ahh yeah... there's 3-5 hrs queue, server isn't full BUT this game in 2008 was more polished and ready to be released than ANY MMO to ever be released.

hahahah..... RIGHT. People couldn't even PLAY when it was release but yeah it was ready.

I'm tired of company releasing half assed product and having people defend them, it's pointless and stupid.

Heck, they had to remove mob to let more players in, WTF is that?

The size of the world, landscape, travel methods and overall difficulty. The world is HUGE. I spent 4 hours exploring this weekend and literally covered like 5% of the world. There isn't any type of "fast travel;" you either run or ride a mount.

No game has protection from macros.

AV basically has two options right now: allow everyone to play with massive lag and queues or control the population and work out the kinks. The queues were outrageous this weekend, but they warned of this and said they're working on upgrading the servers very soon.

Macros aren't bad and the GMs are doing a fairly decent job handling the hackers. There are only a handful of abilities that can be AFK macro'd anyway (running, crouch walking, sprinting, swimming, mana missile, etc). You're taking a huge risk AFK macroing any spells that cost reagents because someone can easily kill you and steal hundreds (or thousands) of gold in reagents off your body.

I love Darkfall, even though the graphics/animations are lacking and the servers have been a little laggy. It's up there with EQ1 for me.

The first server isn't even full yet. They're simply limiting players to address server issues.

1- Why would other game have protection against macro? It's not like you'll level by swinging or running, in DF though, you DO.

2- And you're right about EQ1 , animation are indeed alike.

the devs are actively banning afk macroers, they dont care if you macro while in game.

Wow that would be even worse...
Do they ban you if you use other game function as well? I dunno like... private message someone? BANNED!

Wouldn't surprise me though with AV you never know what kind of BS you'll get.

1- Why would other game have protection against macro? It's not like you'll level by swinging or running, in DF though, you DO.

The only thing you level by running or swimming are those skills. It doesn't give you that big of an advantage in any situation.

Wow that would be even worse...
Do they ban you if you use other game function as well? I dunno like... private message someone? BANNED!

Wouldn't surprise me though with AV you never know what kind of BS you'll get.

wat does IM have to do with macroing afk? if youre afk macroing while using an IM then yeah, you'll be banned.

wat does IM have to do with macroing afk? if youre afk macroing while using an IM then yeah, you'll be banned.

Nah you misunderstood.
You said that macroing, even if you're there and looking at ur char will get you banned.

Then I said : Would they ban you for using /Tell ?

My point is : If they ban you for using a game function that's very stupid.

The only thing you level by running or swimming are those skills. It doesn't give you that big of an advantage in any situation.

It was 2 exemple, you can macro anything in DF and lvl those skills... not only running and swimming but running will give you an advantage where you use less stamina, if you want to pinpoint.

Nah you misunderstood.
You said that macroing, even if you're there and looking at ur char will get you banned.

Then I said : Would they ban you for using /Tell ?

My point is : If they ban you for using a game function that's very stupid.

my bad I worded it wrong, you can use macros as long as youre ingame.. they will send a tell and if you don't respond after a few warnings you will be banned.

The afk bots in wow are pretty sophisticated. Just sending them a tell doesn't trick them. They'll respond or just sit down and camp out. Which is why Blizzard doesn't ban too many people on the spot but waits months and months later to ban a load of them (which I really dislike since the damage is done at that point).

I hope they have more sophisticated ways of testing them than just sending them a tell, because a little forethought and any afk bot can respond or log out as soon as it gets a tell.

my bad I worded it wrong, you can use macros as long as youre ingame.. they will send a tell and if you don't respond after a few warnings you will be banned.

Phew.. thank god lol
I mean there's some bad stuff out there but that would have been the icing on the cake.

As for the difficulty in Darkfall, have they taken the now-standard route of "Solo 'till you drop", or is it also more like EQ1 in that way? The rest of what's been said sounds good.

As for the difficulty in Darkfall, have they taken the now-standard route of "Solo 'till you drop", or is it also more like EQ1 in that way? The rest of what's been said sounds good.

soloing is pointless, you will get ganked by a group eventually and lose everything... raiding with your clan is balls to the wall fun.

If I am correct, it is pretty much only available to Europeans now, right? There are no US servers?

Also, though you will be ganked by a group, how is the solo content of the game? Is it like EQ Classic where an equal level rat will destroy you, or can you take on mobs of equivalent level by yourself? Are there any classes that are stupidly overpowered in like EQ's Necromancers (WEEEE SOLO KITE KITE KITE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back